Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Birthday Bonanza!


I must begin this post with a hearty thank you to my man for the previous post of prose. What a list of love notes! How warm and fuzzy of you to write such a list for such as me. That was, by far, the sweetest birthday present I could ever have received. I'm so touched you would think and say those things about me. Really, darling, you MUST stop lying to yourself! Haha...Kisses sent your way. :)
What a beautiful birthday it was! I woke up with that magical feeling I always get on this special day. Jerald leaned over to murmur his happy birthday morning greeting before retrieving Summer out of her crib. After being informed it was my birthday, she asked if it was her birthday too. She started to cry when Jerald told her it was only mine, so I excitedly said it could be her birthday as well because I sure didn't want to celebrate it all by my lonesome self. That comforted my pretty princess and the festivities began! Jerald whipped up some amazing German pancakes for breakfast, which we devoured with passion and vigor. We drove Summer over to her Uncle Nate and Aunt Cindy's house where she would joyously spend the day playing and dancing with her cousin, Annika. Thanks, Nate and Cindy! Then, Jerald and I sped up to Park City, where we dined at Ruby Tuesday, strolled Main Street (I use the term stroll loosely, as Jerald and I both tripped and darn near fell twice), wandered through art galleries, salivated in a gorgeous antique shop, and enjoyed pretending we were rich and famous while perusing pink diamonds and black onyx cuff links in the O.C. Tanner jewelry shop. We HAD to visit the Mountain Body Spa while we were there, so I could buy a cranberry facial mask! It contained crushed cranberries, fresh cranberry juice, organic honey, yogurt, Southern Utah clay, and fullers earth. It raised our eye brows an inch or two due to its high cost, but hey, I know the ingredients now, so I can just whip it up at home! I'll post it as a beauty tip in the near and bright future. Then, we drove over to the Park City Outlets, where Jerald bought a hot man sweater and I made a wise purchase of some Estee Lauder Gold and Platinum shimmer powder. We held hands all the time and just loved being together. After we picked up Summer, we went home, watched movies, ate a strawberry birthday cake Jerald had baked for me, and finished off with a shower of birthday presents for me. What a lovely day! I must duly note, however, that the Park City photo shown in this post is courtesy of the internet (it wasn't snowing that day, nor did we anywhere witness a streetcar). I horrifyingly forgot our camera! The shot does paint a prime birthday picture, though, right?

4 comments:

Ty and Ber said...

I am so glad that you had such a marvelous birthday!

Amanda said...

You are so cute! I am so happy you had such a great day!

Cindy said...

We had so much watching fun watching Summer. Sorry Annika shared her cold with Summer. I guess she is getting better at the sharing thing! (Actually we didn't even know she had a cold until she woke up screaming at ten that night because she couldn't breathe!)We hope Summer will come and visit again!

Cheryl said...

What a fabulous day! You described it so well I thought I was there with you. (: Glad you had such a fun birthday!