A zit rears its ugly puss-filled head. What do we do? "The question isn't WHAT are we going to do - the question is what AREN'T we going to do." ("Ferris Beuler's Day Off") Now, clearing up one's skin is difficult, and "as anyone will tell you, takes more than a smile." ("Ocean's Eleven") You peer at your reflection in the mirror and growl, "All I gotta say is, you take a h*** of a long time to say goodbye." ("The Big Country"). There are the Clearasils of the world, and "all of that high-fluting mumbo jumbo" ("Anne of Green Gables"), but they just cause dry, scaly, scabs of agony. "Odds fish, my dear." ("The Scarlet Pimpernel") I have just the treatment for you. "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!" ("A Few Good Men"). Well, I'll give it to you anyway. Of course, severe and sorrowful acne calls for an appointment with your Dr. Doom of Dermatology, but for the occasional blemish - "Ladies, frost yourselves" ("How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days") with this decadent spot treatment:
*Hold a cotton ball saturated with warm, salty water against the offending zit for 10 minutes. This will help absorb the oil and infection. Then, dab on a bit of honey, a proven anti-bacterial remedy, and let it sit for another ten minutes. Cover with a band aid to avoid the ooze and drip. Rinse and recover.
"This is fun...and helpful." ("Sleepless in Seattle"). Before long, your complexion will be the picture of health and prosperity. Those pompous pimples - "They're gone! They're all gone!" ("Groundhog Day")"Inconceivable!" ("The Princess Bride") You'll be "Giddy as a schoolboy." ("Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade") People will gaze at you in wonder, murmuring, "Look at her skin. Who does her hair?" ("My Best Friend's Wedding") You'll gaze at YOURSELF and exclaim, "You are everything I never knew I always wanted!" ("Fools Rush in") Soon EVERYONE will enjoy this zit treatment of glory - "All the sportos, motor-heads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, and dork-heads." ("Ferris Beuler's Day Off") You could "search every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, hen house, outhouse, and doghouse ("The Fugitive"), and you'll never find a more stirring and staggering remedy."That's all." ("The Devil Wears Prada")
"Thank YER, ladies and gentlemen." ("You've Got Mail")
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I love it you are so creative! My favorite is thank yer. I quote that line all the time :)
That is very creative and very impressive! You have quoted some of my favs!
I love it and am going to try it immediately.
I'll try again: I don't think your gorgeous skin ever has to worry about such things! How did you find all the movie quotes? Don't tell me you had them all memorized!
Wendy - Get my family together and all we do is quote our favorite movies! These were a few of my favorites. Who knew such movie lines they could apply to zits?
Zan-
I gave all the quotes to Nate and he tried to guess the movie! He did really well of course! Lots of Fun!!
We'll have to do a playdate when Annika is done coughing and running at the nose!
You are so clever and yes, we will try it! (Now that I have girlys entering that stage!)
this post was funny! and you are a cute mom! HVAC is heating and air conditioning installations and stuff like that. He did heating and air before he decided to go to college so it is something that he is familiar with. keep it up with the cute posts!
I knew about the salt and warm water, but I had no idea about the honey remedy! Sounds soothing! I get just *one* just blemish at a time, and it's always brutal. Right around finals week, believe it or not.
What?
Am I the first to admit this?!
C'mon, ladies!!!!
I loVe iT! you have so many great ideas! we have to spend more time together!
You crack me up! Thanks for the advice! :)
Post a Comment