Wednesday, January 28, 2009

29 Things I Love About My Hot Wife - Zanny (by Jerald)

On my birthday, Zanny wrote a blog in which she showered her sentiments of love upon me. I wouldn't have needed an umbrella because I love soaking up her compliments. Now it is my turn to bring down the rain of romance. Zanny's birthday is on January 29th. She will be 29 on the 29th of 2009 (that doesn't happen very often). I am writing this blog and have titled it "29 Things I Love About My Hot Wife - Zanny".

1. First and foremost - SHE IS HOT. That must be repeated, realized, and re-emphasized. The statement has been put in bold to add an extra "punch" because she is a "knock-out". Her looks are captivating. Every now and then I glance over at her and am transfixed. My heart almost skips a beat when she catches me watching her and looks my way. The realization that she is mine and that she will always be mine is humbling and empowering. She looks adorable and I adore her looks. I always have, and I always will.

2. Not only are her looks astonishing and sensational, but her eyes are magical. She always laughs when I describe her eyes, but if you look closely enough, you will see a beautiful sun-flower in each iris. When she smiles her eyes light up and the sun-flowers beam.

3. Zanny is one of the most spiritual individuals I know. She is an angel.

4. She is so positive, upbeat, and full of energy. Each morning when she wakes up, the world comes alive. She brings out the best in everyone around her.

5. She is so complimentary. It makes her feel so good to say something nice about someone else which instantly makes everyone feel good about themselves.

6. She is the best mother to Summer. Those two are the best of friends.

7. Zanny is a wonderful cook. She reads cookbooks as if they were novels. She pours over the recipes and enjoys trying new menu items. Her cooking is gourmet. She could have her own cooking show if she wanted. It would be sizzling and sensational.

8. She loves learning and reading. She reads books by the dozen.

9. She is so theatrical and astounding as an actress. She belongs on stage and in movies.

10. Zanny is so humble. She is so talented and has such an amazing ability to do anything and yet few people know just how much she can do and how much she knows because of her humility.

11. She has an unbelievable memory. It is mind-boggling. Out of the blue, on any given day, she will tell me how it is the birthday of someone with whom she went to elementary school. She remembers each of her locker combinations from junior high, high school, and other passwords and codes. She is my phone book. I will ask her to memorize phone numbers for me and regurgitate the information later, which she does perfectly. She has an amazing mind.

12. She has perfect pitch. That may not seem like it means much to most people, but to a musician, it is paramount. When she was about seven years old, her sister, Steph, discovered
this gift while testing Zanny on interval recognition. She then began playing individual notes and asking Zanny what they were. Zanny was on the other side of the room and perfectly responded which note was which. Her sister began to cry realizing the gift Zanny had. It's funny because Zanny and I will be driving down the road and she will hear a cow moo and say, "That's a C!". She can often tell what key a song is in, which notes are being played, and can tell instantly when someone sings or plays their instrument off-key.

13. Zanny is one of the most talented musicians I know. She plays the violin and the piano beautifully. Because of her perfect pitch she can hear a song and play it by ear on either the violin or the piano.

14. She is so kind to everyone she meets. She has the gift and ability of making everyone feel comfortable and at ease.

15. Zanny is a wonderful dancer. On our first date we went ballroom dancing. She swept me off my feet and we've been dancing ever since. I'm excited to dance our way through life together.

16. She loves to travel. It is wonderful to think of the fun trips we have taken together and the many more trips we have in our future. I can't wait to travel all around the world with her.

17. Zanny loves people. She is so excited to learn as much as she can about others. She loves learning about their interests, their likes, and their dislikes. She is fascinated with people and loves to connect with them.

18. She is one of the best writers I have ever known. Anyone who has read this blog will agree most readily with me, and knows of her perfect prose, her poignant punctuality, her awe-inspiring adjectives, and her wonderful wit. She is an avid writer and should write books (and she will - mark my words).

19. Zanny speaks very well. Her speech is so refined. I enjoy listening to her voice too, because she has such a beautiful sounding voice.

20. She has childlike faith. She can accomplish anything and become anything because her faith is so powerful. To be in her presence is truly divine.

21. She loves chocolate. That may not sound like an attribute or talent worth speaking about, but she has a prestigious palette and appreciates the finer confections of life.

22. Zanny is entertaining. To be in her presence is like being in a Broadway show or at a movie. She is funny, witty, captivating, and has a sparkle that begins in her eyes, lights up her face, and exudes from her. After spending a few moments in her presence you don't want to leave.

23. She is so sweet. There is such a sweetness about her. A wholesome purity that makes you want to be a better person when you're around her.

24. She is a fun person and is so spontaneous. Everyday is a party. She is the life of the party and every moment we are together, we have as much fun as we can. Whether that means staying up late to watch movies together, reading books with each other and stopping every few minutes to update each other on what is happening in our books, dancing in the kitchen to music, or loading up the car and taking a fun road trip.

25. Zanny is not afraid to try new things. I love how excited she is to do something she has never done before.

26. She looks great in everything she wears.

27. Zanny can impersonate people. She watches people so closely and notices all of their little nuances, habits, routines, mannerisms, etc., and picks up on them. Her acting pays off because she knows how to mimic others so well.

28. Zanny is very organized, prepared, and on the ball. She is a very clean and tidy person and loves to clean. Some people clean grudgingly, but Zanny loves to sing and dance while she works.

29. I am amazed at the woman she is and what she knows, has accomplished, can accomplish and will accomplish. She is beautiful, sweet, amazing, and everything I could ever want.

I want everyone to know how wonderful Zanny is and what she means to me. She not only is my better half, she is the best part of me. She finishes my sentences, completes my thoughts, and tells me everything with a smile. She makes things happen because she happens to be one of the greatest individuals I have ever known or ever will know. I love you, Zanny. Happy birthday!

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

I have goosebumps on my goosebumps! Happy Birthday Zanny! I love you and am so grateful to be a part of your life.
I love everything Jerald wrote about you!!

AE Simon said...

Happy Birthday Zanny. Jerald is so sweet and did such a wonderful job. I wanted to tell you that you are beautiful and have gorgeous skin and hair. I love your sincere compliments and love being around you, because you have such a positive outlook on life. The other night after we hung out I wrote in my journal "I want to try and be more like Zanny." You are a great example to me and I really do love the feeling that I get from you and want to be more like that. I don't have sisters of my own and so I think of all of my sister-in-laws as my sisters and feel so blessed that I will be able to have 6 sisters. Happy Birthday, you are amazing and I think 9s are your lucky number today :)

Becky said...

How sweet. I hope you have a great birthday!

Elizabeth Reid said...

I love this list! I'm sure Jerald had a hard time narrowing it down to just 29 items. I can think of many other wonderful qualities that I admire about you and wish to emulate. Happy Birthday Zanny!

Wendy said...

I have loved getting to know Suzanne a little bit better lately and was priviledged to hear her "American Idol judges" impersonations the other night! Happy Birthday, Suzanne!

Cindy said...

Hope you and Jerald had a great night. Thank you for letting Summer come and play. I am grateful that you are a part of my life!

Travis and Crystal said...

So cute and thoughtful! Happy Birthday!!! He described you very accurately, you have such a sweet spirit and a wonderful family!

Dan and Jen said...

Suzanne-Happy Birthday! What a cute husband you have. You deserve the best and it sounds like you found him. That was a very sweet tribute. I hope you had a great birthday. (I can't BELIEVE you remember your locker combos from Jr High...that is amazing!)

Jill T said...

What a sweet post--I can tell that husband of yours loves you very much. The whole time I was reading, I kept thinking, she's like Mary Poppins--practically perfect in every way!

j and k said...

Happy birthday! All those things are so true! You're awe inspiring and beautiful in every way!

Monica said...

WOW. That was a great post. You have a wonderful husband who sees all the amazing, beautiful qualities you have. Every single one of those are true and what's cool about you is that in the small amount of time that we became friends at Delta and then just running into each other, I think I knew most of those things. You are extremely beautiful inside and out, always complimentary and you do radiate humbleness and a closeness with Heavenly Father. You are wonderful!