It's a new beginning! We have 365 brand new days worth of 2009 to live to the fullest. Out with the old and in with the new. That means we must end our long and unhealthy relationship with dull, dry skin and dead and gone skin cells. Breaking up is hard to do, but look that epidermis in the pore and say, "I'm sorry, but I'm just not that into you. It's not me, it's you." Then just move on - to the kitchen! Open your fridge, pull out a container of plain yogurt and apply it to your skin and life.The lactic acid and enzymes in yogurt soothe, soften, brighten, and tighten the skin while refining the pores. Its nutrient content and natural antibacterial and antifungal properties help to get rid of germs and other bacteria from the skin. It is mildly acidic, which is perfect for dissolving dead skin cells, removing surface impurities, and restoring the skin's own protective acid mantle. Who knew we had a mantle? And furthermore, who ever would have thought its acid needed protecting? Oh, how very moving.
Spread a thick layer of plain yogurt over your entire body and face. You may want to let the yogurt sit until it reaches room temperature first, unless you want to gasp and shriek with the shock of the cold substance hitting your skin. Put on a robe you can throw in the wash afterwards, and then relax, starry-eyed, for fifteen minutes while thinking deep thoughts about your wise break-up with your dull old dry skin, and the sweet association you'll have with your new layer of hydrated skin. Then, take a handful of cornmeal and massage it in circular motions over the the yogurt, rinse with warm water, and then complete the transformation with a thick moisturizer. Now that's moving on.

10 comments:
You are so cute! I love it. I'm afraid Ryan (or me) would lick it off my face before I could get to step #2!
ooh, LOVE it. thanks suzanne. i am totally getting into my skin right now. with the new year, i'm being more careful about taking care of it..and plan on heading to the spa to get a facial SOON. love these posts.
Wow, where do you learn all of these great tips?! Do you ever get static hair from your satin sheets? I'm having issues even with dryer sheets and need help.
ha ha I love it. I can just picture you walking around like a yogurt monster. Better yet I can see all three of you getting in on this fun
Hey, Shelece, GUESS WHAT? Use the dryer sheet itself and lightly slide it down the shaft of your hair. No more staticky strands and you'll impart a lovely laundry fresh scent to your hair! Profound!
Wow! That is something I must try! Thanks for the tips! Your posts are super cute!
I just love the way you put words together! It's a real gift...wish I had it, too :) Love the yogurt idea...my skin needs a lift.
HI! I thought i better post a comment so you didnt think i was ignoring you and your comments on my blog! Its so good to hear from you and to read about your life on your blog. Now i know the secret to your georgous skin! I will have to try that some time after my kids are asleep ( I am not sure i would want them to try it with me it would end up all over the carpet and couch i am afraid!!)
Can you belive its been 10 years since high school? pretty crazy. I must say life has gotten better each year for me and I love this stage of life so much more!
You are always such a happy sweet person, a great role model for me.
I feel firmly in my heart that I should add one more tip to this yogurt fest! After I put the yogurt on (whipping cream is also great to use), I put my bath robe on, and sit in the empty tub and relax. Then, you don't have to fret about it getting on anything. Then, just stand up, do the cornmeal thing, and rinse it away! So genius!
Does this work on the fellas? I could use softer skin. What man couldn't!!!!
Post a Comment