Through the course of life, however, the skin changes in texture and appearance - roughness, dryness, sun damage, wrinkles, acne, freckles, scarring, sagging, flaking, bloating, and many other wretched "ing" descriptions that horrify the spirit.
But...there may just be a way to welcome back with open arms some of the velvety skin we once knew as tiny children, but never appreciated. Pure cocoa butter, which is a derivative of the roasted seeds of the cacao plant and has been used for centuries to lubricate, soften, and moisturize the skin. It melts at room temperature, so it is readily absorbed.
One of the most captivating and grin-inducing aspects of cocoa butter is its light, chocolaty scent! You feel as though you're smoothing chocolate fondue all over yourself! It's a great way to satisfy a craving with no abominable calories to ruin the spiritual experience.
You may purchase pure cocoa butter from your local pharmacy or health food store. It is completely solid in the container, so simply cut out a chunk and melt it in the microwave or double boiler. Let it cool to room temperature because burning yourself would also bring the joy of the experience to a screeching halt. The best time to apply this chocolaty, buttery treat would be after a shower or bath while your skin is still damp and supple (Eww, I hate the word "supple"). This locks in the moisture. Now, cocoa butter is probably a bit too heavy for the face, so if you're prone to acne, just apply it to your body (Ugh, I hate the word "body"!).
Try it. I bear you my testimony that cocoa butter is true. Your skin will be as soft as my little Summer's is. Bring back the baby skin, baby...

4 comments:
Zanny, You are so Hot and I love the way you explain beauty tips. You do such a wonderful job. I love you! - Jerald
How do you know so much about beauty tips? You're awesome. Seriously, I need to get pampering!
Hi! This is Wendy Orme...I saw a comment you left on Risa's blog and thought I'd take a look at yours...hope you don't mind! It is so cute. I'll have to try some of your beauty tips, since you have such gorgeous skin...they must work!
Hey I tried the baking soda in shampoo tip you gave ages ago. It worked! My hair looked like it does when I put shiny gunky stuff in it--except there wasn't any product in it! I'm excited to try your other tips.
Post a Comment