Sunday, July 20, 2008

Beauty Tip - Alligator Skin? Welcome to Exfoliation Nation!

Have your arms developed the ghastly appearance of alligator skin? Is the skin on your body as dry as an August 12th afternoon in the Sahara Desert? Can you scratch intricate designs into the dead skin on your legs? Have your knees and elbows mysteriously taken on a suspicious gray cast? Are the scaly patches on your calves beginning to resemble a road map? Need you endure this life of dead skin and dryness? Behold, I say unto you, nay. End it all with Zanny's "Corny" Exfoliating Body Scrub! The determined cornmeal grains remove dulling dead skin, revealing newer and softer skin. Simply scoop out a handful of cornmeal and gently massage the mixture over your face and body while in the shower. Work in circular motions and then rinse. Be sure to follow with a rich moisturizing cream. You may combine the cornmeal with body wash for a shockingly spiritual and deep cleansing experience or if you're in an excitedly self-pampering and adventurous mood, combine a 1/2 cup of the cornmeal and mix it with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. The lemon juice tones and brightens, while the olive oil moisturizes and softens. Salt and sugar scrubs, though thrilling and captivating, tend to dissolve before the dead skin can be thoroughly removed. Cornmeal, however, happily stays on through the joyous scrubbing until rinsed away, bringing you to your newly smoothed knees. You'll be touched - literally and figuratively! Not to mention glowing, smooth, and fabulous! You'll exclaim, "It's satin - it's velvet - NO! It's my epidermis!" Rough skin? See ya later, alligator!

5 comments:

j and k said...

I'll be exfoliating tonight!

Cindy said...

You should write commercials for beauty products. The world would be an even more beautiful place!

Emily-Hazel said...

you have such great tips!

Cheryl said...

I will have to try this, especially during those winter months in Utah when my skin gets especially dry. Ok, I just wanted to comment on your comments, because I actually just went on my blog to erase that "before" picture of me. You mom's sweet words of never put yourself down kept going through my head, so even though I was just trying to be funny, it did hurt my spirit. Anyway, thanks for your comments Zanny! I sure love you and can't wait until we can all live close by each other again.

Zanny said...

Thanks, Cheryl sweetie! What I said was true, though. You're a California babe soon to be a Utah babe! Let's get together as soon as you move back. I love you too, by the way!