Here is a thinker of a thought I thought while thinking this morning: Do we see good things because they happen? Or do good things happen because we see them? I believe we'll always find what we're looking for. So shouldn't we look for the positive? Here are the good things I looked for and saw today:
1. Summer slept in this morning until 8:15! Therefore, we did too. Refreshed, revitalized, renewed, and rejoiced!
2. Jerald made delicious pancakes for breakfast before he left for work...which was just downstairs! I love that he works from home.
3. A telemarketer called. Now, one would not normally consider this a simple pleasure of life, but I MADE it one...because I was kind to the sales representative. After my cheerful greeting, she said, "Wow, excuse me while I fall out of my chair! You have no idea how much your kindness means to me after all the horrible things people shout at me all day every day." In the end, I chose not to buy her product, but wished her a wonderful day, and she gratefully wished me one as well. I apparently made her day! And that made MY day.
4. I went to get Summer up from her afternoon nap and she told me she'd just written a song and wanted to sing it to me. It was a song of one sentence repeated over and over. That sentence was, "I love my mommy." That's a day maker!
5. Warm chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven. My mother has always said there's about nothing better in life than warm cookies with cold milk. She's right.
6. Dancing With the Stars! Season Premiere! Tonight! I'll be watching! You know, I'd really love to be on that show. The only way, though, is to either be a dance pro to teach the star, or a star to be taught by the dance pro. Which could I achieve first? Stardom or "Pro-dom"?
As I type, the night is still young! What other wonderful things will happen? You can bet I'll be looking. Don't you forget to look for the good things in your day as well! Make it a game. The more you look, the more you'll find.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
The outlook one has will either make them or break them. If you seek the positive you will find it! And oh how beautiful your life will be if you can always do that.
Thanks for the reminder. I think maybe I will bake some chocolate chip cookies today. YUM!
Loved this post. It is so true. How you look at things makes such a big difference. That will be my goal this week: to look at things in the most wonderful way! Thanks!
I love this game. I think I "caught" it from you in one of your first postings. The one where your mom says, "We are having fun and we know it." I think about that ALL the time and think, this is a joyful moment and I know it, or I am feeling the spirit and I know it, it can go on and on. But thanks for the idea of being kind to the telemarketers. I usually don't even listen, just hang up. I need to re-think this. And, if you don't mind, I will pass this along through blogging as well!! I LOVE it! BTW, this Sat. is the big day!! Can't wait.
I love your "positive-ness"...hopefully some of it will rub off on me.
you are such an upbeat happy ray of sunshine! I am so greatfull that I was able to reconnect with you and get to read your blog! :)
And seriously that is the cuttest song!!! how could you not reward that with goey chocolate chip cookies?! I think my heart would melt if my kids started singing that!
Post a Comment