Thursday, October 1, 2009

Safety and Contentment

What a Saturday night to have for a Saturday night! I was privileged to attend the women's session of General Conference for my church at the Conference Center in Salt Lake City! My dear friend, Cheryl, shared tickets with me, my sister Steph, and our friend, Kirsten. Thanks, Cher! We sat on row six! So close that we could have hit Dieter F. Uchdorf with a baseball. Not that we would ever want to, seeing as he is so powerfully debonair. As they say in his native German ... such a "gut aussehender Mann!"


It was not a dramatically easy affair getting there that night, as I'd had a frantically busy day and experienced shockingly offensive construction traffic and other dark horrors on the drive to Salt Lake. Later, though, as I sat among the thousands of women, listening to words so enlightening, brightening, and "right"-ening, I felt overcome with a feeling of happiness and ... safety. I knew I was right where I was supposed to be, doing just what I was supposed to be doing. And isn't there is a feeling of cozy security that comes from doing what is good and right? I thanked my Heavenly Father for a wonderfully uplifting night and for the happy fact that I could personally return President Monson's energetive wave. And I'm thanking Him still!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh, I just loved that night so much. And we even got to speak to your mother!! Such sweet memories!

Michelle said...

You look fabulous! I think Steph is also looking so tiny! I have talked to my ward about having you and Jerald do a small program for our YM/YW. We were thinking it would be easier if we did it on Tuesday night the first or second week in November. Would that be an option for you guys??

Wendy said...

What a great experience for you...that was a wonderful meeting!

Cindy said...

Sounds like a great girls night out. I enjoyed it too - feeling "safety and contentment" from my family room.

Elizabeth Reid said...

Jealous! I a love all things Conference Center.