Monday, September 14, 2009

"The Build Up to the Build-up" A Movie Quote Laden Beauty Tip Volume 2

A woman's hair is her crowning glory - "a precious cornucopia of creative energy!" (High School Musical). Unfortunately, the use of styling products can cause her hair to develop a build-up of build-up. It becomes so very "Dull...drab...BLEAK!!" (Auntie Mame) Many clarifying shampoos designed to remove build-up can strip her hair and dry out the strands, "which life experience has taught her is a virtual certainty." (Hitch) Haven't we all looked in the mirror and "darn near cried twice" (Sabrina) at the sight of the weighed down mass of the dead cells we call hair, and shout, "How dare you, you cupcake!!" (Miss Congeniality) We look away and worriedly murmur, "This is good. I was rusty on panic." (Always) But there IS a solution. A vinegar and water solution! "It's cheap, but it's potent." (Laura) How deeply nice that is, because "you have to understand, I am the cheapest man alive!" (Father of the Bride) Let me take a moment and show you how simple and glorifying this shine-inducing treatment is! You may think you shouldn't take the time to hear this heart-stopping advice..."Well, I don't think you should either. That's why I'm gonna show you this one thing and then kick you right out." (Groundhog Day)

First, cleanse your hair, if you like, with this shampoo, for which I have a deep testimony, and then combine one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with one cup of water. Pour the mixture over your hair. Run your fingers through the strands and massage your roots for a few seconds. Rinse with cold water and condition as usual. Perform this treatment once every two weeks or so. I'd probably only use it on hair that isn't color treated, though. It restores your hair's PH levels and removes product buildup, while increasing shine and bounce.


Later, as you brush through your newly gleaming and glimmering hair, your loved one will admire you from across the room and say, "I like to watch you brushing your hair. You do it so capably." (The Bishop's Wife) Suddenly..."you're off your chair in one exquisite movement...the moves of a jungle cat." (My Best Friend's Wedding) You toss your hair over your shoulder and say, "Hey man, check me out!" (Runaway Bride) You gaze in the mirror and marvel at the silkiness of your strands and say, "Ya, but Frank...feel how smooth they are. (Fletch) Later, on the street, a friend approaches and says, "There's a sort of glow to your hair. I was watching you in the mess hall this afternoon." (The Major and the Minor). "How it shines and shimmers", your friend exclaims! "Is it lacquered?" (High Society). Before you know it, everyone will be begging for "a lock of thy jet black tresses." (Anne of Green Gables) You may even "get a permanent - just for the occasion." (The Wizard of Oz). Now, I could let you have your moment of dull hair, "but alas...a moment...was all I could spare." (The Scarlet Pimpernel) So open your cupboard and pull out your household vinegar. It works! "Get on it. It's a good train!" (The Italian Job) "I give it two enthusiastic thumbs up! Great holiday fun." (Clueless) "Get it? Got it. Good." (The Court Jester) "Because the rules of haircare are simple and finite. ANY Cosmo girl knows THAT!" (Legally Blonde)

8 comments:

Ty and Ber said...

You are too funny. I will have to give this a try.

Wendy said...

Great blog entry! Do you really have all those quotes memorized?

Amanda said...

you are so cute! i will definetly have to try this, but my hair is dyed so i maybe shouldn't for a while? what do you think?

Kevin, Michelle and Jamin Gilbert said...

You are so creative! You know how to educate and entertain at the same time- what a gift! I would LOVE any potty training advice! Thank you, Thank you!

Cindy said...

How long does it take you to think of all those quotes? Fun to read! Nate will enjoy it too and I am sure he will be the first one to try it out on his flowing tresses.

Elizabeth Reid said...

I now feel the sudden urge to wash my hair. I loved the post!

Cheryl said...

Wowee! I am so glad you included George from My Best Friends Wedding, I could just hear him saying that to Miss Julia! Yes, and I wondered the same thing as Wendy, do you really have these quotes memorized. I do remember that Steph said you had a talent for that, among other things. Sorry you had to see my face on Friday, you will have to read my blog to see Ryan's response to me. I didn't know it was that bad!! I even ran errands while Liv was at piano, like the bank and 7-11! So sad.

Twitchell Family said...

Hi Suzanne,
I wanted to invite you and Summer to a playdate at my house on Wednesday, the 23rd @ 10:00. There will be a few other 2-3 year olds from the ward and I thought it would be a good opportunity to finally do the playdate we have been talking about. You can let me know if you can make it on my blog, I guess would be the easiest way :) Talk to you soon