Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Tag! 45 DEEPLY odd things about me...

Well, I was tagged on Facebook to fill out this questionnaire of random questions. Such thought provoking inquiries indeed! I thought I'd post it on my blog as well. This is a tag, so if you want to, you may fill it out and post it on your own blog. Here we go...

1. Do you like blue cheese? No! It's blue! There's something psychologically disturbing about that. I love all other cheeses, though.
2. Have you ever smoked? Never.
3. Do you own a gun? Alas, no.
4. What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite as a child? All the red ones - cherry, strawberry, and pink swimmingo. They couldn't be watery, though. That's just depressing.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No, I think they're kind of exciting.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I like the natural kind with no nitrates. They're best toasted on an open fire and served on a warm bun with mustard. I also add a little sour kraut sometimes, but those ones taste best from one of those kosher New York City hot dog vendors!
7. Favorite Christmas movie? "The Bishop's Wife", "It's a Wonderful Life", "Home Alone", and "Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus".
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Organic milk with ice or homemade hot chocolate.
9. Can you do push ups? Yes!
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? I have a man who buys me diamonds! My favorite, though, is my wedding ring.
11. Favorite hobby? Cooking, reading, writing, playing with Summer, and kissing Jerald.
12. Do you have A.D.D.? Well, I change subjects A LOT in conversations.
13. What's one trait you hate about yourself? I would never say because... A) That would hurt my own feelings, B) The negative thoughts and words about myself would depress me, C) I believe we become whatever we tell ourselves we are, and D) You'd all begin to notice those traits! There's just no purpose in tripping and falling down that road of self-loathing and pessimism. Wow, you can tell I have a lot of thoughts on that subject!
14. Middle name? Leilani. It's a Hawaiian name because I was born in Honolulu!
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. 1. Jerald sounds really good on the piano right now. 2. I need to slather some more Vaseline on my lips. 3. Speaking of lips, I want to go smooch Jerald!
16. Name 3 drinks you drink regularly. Water, organic milk with ice, and apple juice.
17. Current worry? I try not to think about things like that!
18. Current hate right now? The word hate. Oops, I guess I just used it!
19. Favorite place to be? I love to be home.
20. How did you bring in the New Year? Jerald and I spent a cozy evening at home watching movies.
21. Where would you like to go? I would love to take Jerald to Hawaii and Europe.
22. Name three people who will complete this? Liz, Cindy, and Crystal.
23. Do you own slippers? Yes, but I never wear them because I prefer to be a "Barefoot Contessa"!
24. What shirt are you wearing? A white one.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Oh. My. Gosh. YES! I'd NEVER go back to the cotton variety now! It's like swimming in cool and silky waters. Ahhhh, now you ALL want to buy them!
26. Can you whistle? Why, yes.
27. Favorite colors? I love garnet red, iridescent pale pink, and cool lavender.
28. Would you be a pirate? For Halloween, maybe.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don't sing in the shower. I just think REALLY hard.
30. Favorite girl's name? Summer.
31. Favorite boy's name? Preston.
32. What's in your pocket right now? No pockets on me!
33. Last thing that made you laugh? Summer. She's a walking comedian!
34. Best bed sheets as a child? I had some pretty white ones with pink flowers and green leaves.
35. Worst injury you've ever had? My C-section incision. Yes. But SO worth it!
36. Do you love where you live? So much!
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? We have 2.
38. Who is your loudest friend? It's a cross between Jill and Katie.
39. How many dogs do you have? No dog now, but we'll get one in the future.
40. Does someone have a crush on you? Jerald! A powerful, crushing crush!
41. Who is your favorite author? I love Marion Chesney and Lynn Austin for novels and Norman Vincent Peale and Dale Carnegie for self-help.
42. What is your favorite candy? Well, hard candy doesn't produce much excitement in me, but chocolate...Mmmmm...I love it best refrigerated because then you get that CRACK when you bite into it!
43. Favorite Sports Team? The team of "Dancing With the Stars"!
44. What were you doing 12 AM last night? Sleeping and swimming in my satin sheets!
45. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Summer. As I mentioned in a precious post, she's our pretty little alarm clock, calling out, "Mommy, Daddy! Please get me up!" It's nice she said please!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

That was fun reading. Thanks for sharing.

Wendy said...

I just want you to know what a positive influence you are in my life...I really appreciate how you always find the good side of things and don't let things get you down! Thanks!

Wayne & Jill said...

I love that you called the watered down kool-aid despressing. That is just what came to mind when I read it too!! I love to have an over powring taste to my kool-aid, other wise I would just be drinking water! Love ya!