After dinner, while Summer took her bath, she and I became overwrought with unrestrained, spasmodic laughter! As soon as one would start giggling, the other would chime in, until I darn near thought we'd rise to the ceiling like that scene in "Mary Poppins" - you all know what I'm typing about! Anyway, at Summer's bedtime, as I cuddled her, sang her favorite lullabies and kissed her rose water-scented cheeks, I thought how blessed each of us is in life to have snow days with giggly, fun affairs to remember. Perfect "Cindy Days". I wish all of my readers your own perfect day, and I wish you all a great many! :)
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Such a "Cindy Day"!
After dinner, while Summer took her bath, she and I became overwrought with unrestrained, spasmodic laughter! As soon as one would start giggling, the other would chime in, until I darn near thought we'd rise to the ceiling like that scene in "Mary Poppins" - you all know what I'm typing about! Anyway, at Summer's bedtime, as I cuddled her, sang her favorite lullabies and kissed her rose water-scented cheeks, I thought how blessed each of us is in life to have snow days with giggly, fun affairs to remember. Perfect "Cindy Days". I wish all of my readers your own perfect day, and I wish you all a great many! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Lucky me! I always have Cindy Days. I definitely wasn't as delighted about the snow - driving in the stuff takes all the fun out of it!
Zanny, you are the cutest mommy ever. You are always full of such fun and so many compliments. I really hope that when it's my time to be a mommy, i am half the mommy you are to Summer. She really is such a wonderful little young lady and i am so blessed to have you, Jerald and Summer as family.
What a lucky little girl Summer is to have you for her mom!
PLEASE come to my house the next time it snows!
"I love to laugh, ha ha ha ha, long and loud and clear...I love to laugh, ha ha ha ha, so everybody can hear!"
Haha, I'm a goober I know. I love that scene though. :) You guys are adorable and beautiful and as always...completely eloquent with your descriptions...thanks!
I LOVE this post! We, too, throughly enjoyed the snow and I proudly announced for the first time, the saying I got from you and your mom, "We are having fun and we know it!!" Thanks for all that you teach me about recognizing all of the joy in life!!
What a great day! I love it when I can settle into bed and think, "Today was an awesome day and one that I hope Syd will remember."
To answer your question...we were at the Murray Rec Center Pool. It is very fun. 3 years old and under are FREE! Love it.
You are such a sweet mommy! i can just feel the love that you have for that sweet little girl in each and every post. and how in the heck do you stay so skinny with all that eating!!!
Post a Comment