Wednesday, October 8, 2008

And the Winner of Miss Personality USA is...

The winner for Miss personality USA has to be Summer Simon. She's a one woman show of all that is charming. She's smart, funny, flirtatious, and talented. Jerald and I have pinched ourselves black and blue, wondering if we dreamed up this creature of cuteness. Blessedly, she's ours to keep.


A Future Tiffany's Customer


Summer is Always Camera Ready




Summer loves to eat! She'll devour everything served to her! I must say, she's a healthy eater too. Her favorite cuisine includes: broccoli (I kid you not! Yes! She'll eat the whole bowl of broccoli on the table and beg for more!), corn, carrots, peas, apples, grapes, sharp cheddar cheese, pasta, any main dish, and of course her mommy's home baked cookies (not as healthy, but hey). Laugh if you're so inclined, but she also loves to dip her food in such condiments as honey mustard, organic ketchup, balsamic vinegar, and Italian dressing!

Here is Summer Getting a Week's Worth of Fiber in Broccoli
Every morning, Jerald cooks breakfast and Summer adores his pancakes, omelets, French toast, cream of wheat, and oatmeal. As evidenced by this picture, there's nothing more deliciously daring than pancakes and pirates!


Summer is a budding flower of a musician. She learned Mary Had a Little Lamb on the piano when she was age one! What a blessing it is to have a piano teacher for a daddy.


Summer sleeps with her army of stuffed animals every night and every nap. She calls them her "animal fliends" (notice the L in friends - that's how she pronounces it!). Anyway, the army grows every day with more animals, blankies, books, and toys. She's deeply sentimental about all of them and never fails to conduct role call as soon as she enters her crib to make sure everyone is present. She figures out pretty quickly if Creamy, Mr. Bear, Fudge, etc., is missing. There's hardly enough room for her in that bed! What a babe!

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh, she is so cute! I love her. I can't believe she can already play Mary Had a Little Lamb! What a dolly! You forgot to add that she loves to watch Mommy and Daddy get married. That was so cute, she was a great narrator for me, telling me when you were kissing and pretty and everything!

Elizabeth Reid said...

Pretty soon you'll have to get another bed for Summer, it looks like her fliends are taking over the current one!

I'm not sure I'll be eating my cereal with the same gusto I usually do every morning. Jerald's breakfasts sound amazing.

Wendy said...

What a little darling...I wish I knew how to get some of my little darlings to eat so well!

Shelece & Josh said...

So cute! I would definitely vote her in. Hope all is well for you and yours sweetie!

Finny said...

Summer is such a happy little creature. I want to pinch her little cheeks. Suzanne I love your blog. It's like having a variety show on line :)

aubreyannie said...

what a super cutie pie!!

Leah said...

That is so funny about all of Summer's stuffed animals. Chase has to have Daddy Bear, Baby Bear, Blue Dog and Puppy in his bed every night! If one is missing, he knows and will not lay down to sleep until they are recovered and in bed. it is definitely sweet though and I'll savor it because it won't be long until he grows up and abandons them.