Friday, March 11, 2011

Past and Future Tag

My dear friend and one of my all-around favorite girls, Megan, tagged me in a "Past and Future" blog post! I tag anyone who who desires to reminisce the past and plan for the twinkliest of futures.

20 years ago . . .
1. I was eleven years old and had a pioneer-themed birthday party at the Lion House Pantry in Salt Lake City. My little friends and I pulled taffy and played pioneer games.
2. I played Barbies for hours each day, reveling in imaginative play.
3. We received "Goggy" our sweet and beautiful beagle who blessed our lives for the next eleven years.


10 years ago . . .
1. I was in the Days of '47 Royalty and worked to perfect my parade wave.
2. I traveled the world while working as a Reservation Sales Representative for Delta Airlines. That year alone, my parents I jetted off to Paris, Switzerland, Germany, New York, and Hawaii. We were spoiled. Now we actually have to pay for flights! Oh!
3. I dated some real imbeciles, which makes me all the more grateful for my majestically illustrious husband, Jerald.


5 years ago . . .
1. Jerald and I were privileged to be ordinance workers in the Bountiful Temple. What a glorious experience! We had to stop when...
2.
I became pregnant with Summer! How excited and thrilled we were at the prospect of becoming parents!
3. We had her in June of that year and rolled out the red carpet for our little 3-pound baby princess. We adored her right from the start.


3 years ago . . .
1. We attended my ten year high school reunion that summer! So glad to see everyone had lost the high-waisted jeans that adorned us back in 1998.
2. We took Summer on her first trip to Disneyland!
3. This blog surfaced over the cyberspace infrastructure! I realized, then, how much I truly enjoy writing.


1 year ago . . .

1. We took Summer on her second trip to Disneyland, and since she was older this time, she could more adequately express her deep and abiding love to Mickey Mouse and the other characters.
2. Jerald released his "Hymns of Exaltation" CD! Talented man, heavenly hymns, and inspired arrangements.
3. After spending too many evenings performing extraction surgery on the stubborn gray hairs that insisted on multiplying and replenishing my head, I took the plunge and began having my hair dyed.


This year so far . . .
1. I turned 31, which was easier and less painful than than turning 30. Surprisingly.
2. I have begun making it a habit to exercise every day. Let me tell you - Jillian Michaels and her workout DVDs will make you beg for mercy and plead for help from on High.
3. I have loved teaching primary to the little 3-year-old Sunbeams in my ward. Jerald plays the piano for primary (you should hear how he embellishes those songs!), so with Summer in there too, it's a family affair!


Today . . .
1. We registered Summer for Kindergarten! I know!
2. We went to the mall where Jerald purchased some running shoes and I acquired some jaw-droppingly fabulous sparkly silver stiletto sandals.
3. Tonight, we will have a pizza party with a double feature rented movie extravaganza.


Tomorrow . . .
1. I will attend a luncheon put on by the "Daughters of Utah Pioneers" association. As you can imagine, I am the youngest member by a long shot, but I have such a love for my ancestors and a real fascination with history in general.
2. I will bake some gingerbread chocolate chip cookies. Oh, this recipe is divinely glorious. Indeed, I will share it sometime soon.
3. It's Jerald's and my 8 year wedding anniversary this Sunday, March 13th! We'll celebrate it full-force tomorrow, though. We're still making the final plans on the celebratory events, but a dazzling restaurant is in order, along with viewing a motion picture at the "cinema", as the British would say.


In the next year . . .
1. I would like to start a recipe blog! I really love to cook and bake, so it would be such a pleasure to share the recipes that are dear to my family - such as the luscious cookies mentioned above!
2. Summer will go to school and I will miss her. The thought that comforts me, however, is that she is so excited and simply aching for Kindergarten!
3. I wish for good health and safety for my family. One thing I know is, life is full of surprises and we never know what is right around the corner. Good things happen each day - it's up to us to find them!


8 comments:

Elizabeth Reid said...

Summer was only 3 pounds!? I did not know that! I'm excited for your recipe blog, I know I'll love making some of your favorite foods.

Wendy said...

Fabulous post! I'm also looking forward to your recipe blog and those cookies sound divine. BTW: we are meeting Tue. night at 7:15 at Sandy's to work on stuff for next Saturday's event.

Shelece & Josh said...

What a fun look at your life! What school did you decide on for Summer?

Shelece & Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl said...

Mine would be something like 10 years ago I had a newborn, 5 years ago same, 3 years ago, same, today, same, next year want to sleep!!!!! But you, my dear, have such an exciting life.

Miss Megan said...

Have I mentioned lately that you are seriously gorgeous and sparkly, I adore you, and I can't wait to see you as soon as possible?

Thank you for doing this tag! I loved reading it. I am surprised (and yet not) that you were pageant royalty! You are amazing!

Jill T said...

Summer is old enough for kindergarten? So is Izabella. I can't believe how fast time flies!

L.J. said...

you're a really fabulous writer! I think you should start back up on this blogging thing! Hope things are well. :)