Hey, it's okay...
. . . that even though I have never tasted a single drop of coffee in my existence, I find the smell of the beverage overwhelmingly tantalizing. In fact, I may or may not have been spotted with my nose up inside the coffee bean dispensers at the local market. Glorious aroma.
. . . that I wear wear short sleeves in the dead of winter. And if it's February, but there's no snow on the ground, you can bet your coat I'll be wearing my high-heeled sandals as well. As a result, I am usually in a Siberian state of cold, but I never complain of my chilled state to others because I will get the inevitable, "Well, look how you're dressed! Come on!"
. . . that I enjoy studying people. And if you happen to have peculiar personality quirks, unique facial expressions, quaint mannerisms, idiosyncratic eccentricities, and especially a freakishly unconventional accent, I'll try my hand at impersonating you!
. . . that I can't get through nearly any conversation without a certain keyword or sentence reminding me of a movie line. Sometimes I, along with my husband and brothers, will actually complete the scene from the movie and then go back to our originally scheduled conversation. I won't be afflicted with worry about this habit, however, because "fear does not exist in this dojo".
P.S. The previous movie line of cinematic joy was from "Karate Kid")
. . . that I wear wear short sleeves in the dead of winter. And if it's February, but there's no snow on the ground, you can bet your coat I'll be wearing my high-heeled sandals as well. As a result, I am usually in a Siberian state of cold, but I never complain of my chilled state to others because I will get the inevitable, "Well, look how you're dressed! Come on!"
. . . that I enjoy studying people. And if you happen to have peculiar personality quirks, unique facial expressions, quaint mannerisms, idiosyncratic eccentricities, and especially a freakishly unconventional accent, I'll try my hand at impersonating you!
. . . that I can't get through nearly any conversation without a certain keyword or sentence reminding me of a movie line. Sometimes I, along with my husband and brothers, will actually complete the scene from the movie and then go back to our originally scheduled conversation. I won't be afflicted with worry about this habit, however, because "fear does not exist in this dojo".
P.S. The previous movie line of cinematic joy was from "Karate Kid")

6 comments:
You always make me smile.
I love your "Hey, it's okay..." posts!
You are amazing! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!
Love it!
I train new employees at Univ. Hosp and I will do the same thing with movies I love (mostly disney, or Sound of Music type movies). I always chuckle to myself because of the reference and then carry on with the work at hand.
Oooh, I'm not a fan of the smell of coffee, but I've been known to eat coffee ice cream... and I had a pedicure today, so I hope it's sunny enough for sandals tomorrow!
In other news, I picked you for a tag on my blog. Please do it! Please? http://mesmyth.blogspot.com/2011/03/past-and-future-tag.html
I am right there with you with sandals in the snow!! I have to say I almost cried today when I saw the snow on the ground and realized I had to change my flip flops to tennis shoes!
Post a Comment