Then, on the morning of Halloween, Jerald and Summer carved pumpkins! I'd like to say that I actively participated, but I must confess that the smell of raw pumpkins, to me, is violently nauseating in the highest degree. Plus I'm leery of knives lately, since I accidentally sliced my finger in September, requiring stitches. Anyway, I did create some pretty fantastically creative hairstyles for the jack o lanterns using yarn, so that was my part.
After the pumpkin carving, Jerald made delicious crepes and dyed them orange for the occasion. Then we turned on some disco music and had a dance party in the kitchen! Our doggy, Goldie, wanted in on the action too, and slow danced with Jerald.
Even though I dislike the word "boogie" or even worse, the term "boogie down" (saying them makes me ferociously embarrassed), they are the perfect way to describe Summer's hot dance moves. While we're on the subject, isn't it mortifyingly troublesome to hear someone say they can "shake it"? Ew! Anyway, my point is that Summer is a rapturous disco dancer, which you can see from these shots below.
Jerald was captivating as well...
At the conclusion of our kitchen dance party, we donned our costumes. Summer chose to be the dainty Princess Cinderella...
...while Jerald played the part of a rocker with the spiked hair thing happening, and the angry metal jewelry - not to mention the Adam Lambert style black eye makeup and fierce, glaring expression.
And then there was I, who dressed as Rocker Jerald's tacky, cheap, tasteless and overdone girlfriend/groupie who seems stuck in the 1980s with the unfortunate crimped hair, unsuitable shoulder pads, and gaudy baubles, bangles, and beads. Behind me is a portrait of me as an eight year old. It makes one think, "She used to be such an angelic child, and look what happened to her!" Haha!
Then we went to the Treehouse children's Museum again for their Halloween party. Summer was chosen to be a ghost for the Halloween play! Look at her glowing phantom-like eyes!
We showed off our costumes to Jerald's parents and they took more pictures of us!
What is such an adorable child doing with such peculiar parents?
Halloween night proved to be very rainy, but what a gorgeous sunset we beheld, with colors that matched the holiday!
When we went trick or treating, all of the neighbors loved Summer and gave her extra candy for her extra cuteness!
The rain poured and pounded, but we did prevail and we did indeed weather the storm - and were rewarded with an enviable collection of candy and a large quantity of fun.

7 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I can't wait to do this with my little guy. Loved all the costumes and that sunset picture was beautiful!
Woo, hoo! Way to Boogie down and shake it, you guys!
Cute costumes! What a fun holiday!
Oh man! I can't believe I missed those costumes, they are amazing! I miss you and hope to see you soon!
You guys are so much fun! Glad you were rewarded with so much candy. I didn't know you had stitches. Owwww!
Looks like you had a great time! That disco party looks like a blast.
ha! i love the pics of your dance party in the kitchen. you guys are so much fun!
Post a Comment