After we ate, we all attended the fireworks spectacular in Kaysville. Look what a smashing sunset we had! I want to eat it!
Summer zonked out five minutes before the fireworks began, but luckily she woke up with the first "boom". We had such a merry and cuddly time together watching the display!
This picture is so fabulous for many reasons: Our nephew, Jared, on the left, looks violently nauseated. Summer looks candy-sweet. Our niece, Mary, on the right, looks maliciously resentful, and my brother, Nate (obviously caught in mid-sentence), looks intensely and compellingly surprised!
On the morning of Pioneer Day, the 24th of July, we drove into Salt Lake for the Days of '47 parade! We lucked out with a perfect spot in the shade, which ensured our true and abiding happiness.
Later that evening, we drove up Meuller Park Canyon for a hot-dog roasting, s'more making, and stream wading extravaganza!
On such a hot day, wading through this gloriously cold stream was like entering another celestial sphere. :)
The stream's stones, however, dug into our feet like daggers, but the joy in our hearts aided us in withstanding the pain. That is such a gorgeous canyon!
...And on the way home, we enjoyed yet another sunset of lovely proportions. We loved our July holidays and hope you did too!

6 comments:
So much fun. Love all the festivities in July.
Lots and lots of parade and picnic fun! I have always wanted to go to the 24th parade in Salt Lake, but never have tried it. Do you go in the morning or the night before to save a spot? Where do you park?
Wendy,
We found a spot 10 minutes before the parade began! It was right on South Temple in the shade of the trees. There were only seven of us, so we didn't take that much space. People put blankets down the night before, I'm sure, but we sat in between their blankets and made it work. We parked in the avenues on the street for free and walked the 2 blocks down. It worked out great, so I recommend it!
Sorry, that was actually me, Zanny, who wrote the above comment - not Jerald. I was logged into his account. Ha!
I love July second only to Christmas time. Speaking of the fourth... could you resend the pictures you sent me as attachments? I haven't been able to copy them for my blog in the format you sent them and there are some great photos! Thanks!
I loved seeing the pictures of your family. It made me smile with a very fond memory of your parents....they were very good to me when I need it, and I've never forgotten their kindness and compassion.
Post a Comment