Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Summer Here, Summer Not

Well, we could have titled this post "A Summery Summary Part 2", with it being a continuation of our previous post of summertime festivities, but I felt so emotionally captivated by the title "Summer Here, Summer Not". Quite a ring, right? One of our favorite things we did in August was to attend the Davis County Fair. They had a darling petting zoo, free pony rides, and raucous rides to ride. We can't wait to go again next year!


Here is Summer admiring the fowl display. She adored meeting all of the animals and they, in turn, tried to look their best and even flirted with her a little. Cute!





Summer had them eating out of her hand! Here she is, hand-feeding the babies a culinary delight of supremely luscious and flavorsome straw. Summer loved feeding and petting the animals, and squealed in delight!



Holy Cow! Summer was chosen by the farmer to milk the cow! She felt so excited and proud.




Let us take a moment to admire this curious animal's caramel colored highlights, tousled bangs, well-placed horns, and enigmatic pose for the camera. So deeply dramatic...



...and this handsome creature posed for our camera, providing an excellent view of his captivating profile, which he knew only served to emphasise his sweeping eyelashes, stately horns, and platinum goatee. Not to mention, his stylish number badge and thoughtful, somewhat pensive expression. Haha!





I walked beside Summer, protectively holding her waist as she rode her pony so she'd be safe. I tried not to giggle, though, as she repeatedly swatted and batted my hands away, saying, "No Mommy - don't hold me!"




She loved the rides and wasn't a bit scared!







"Yes, and as I ride this flying contraption, I am prepared to patiently pose for the insistent and demanding papparazzi, who choose to follow my every move. It's the price I pay for being a famous sought-after star... or at least a darling toddler."

We, on the other hand, have no papparazzi tracking us, so we are therefore forced to take photos of ourselves.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Fun, fun times...and captivating narrative :) Love your blog!

Cheryl said...

I just love your family! And I love that last picture of Summer, so cute!

Steph said...

I love the picture of Summer in the train! She is being so VERY patient with her parents! :)

Ty and Ber said...

Love that picture of Summer on the ride with her glasses on! What a doll. I'm totally diggin that cow's hair too. Looks like so much fun, I may have to try that next year.

Camilla said...

i had a little giggle about the tittle of this post. when we were kids my siblings and I would get bored in the summer and make up weird ways to answer the phone to entertain ourselves. a favorite one was " stoutner summer home, somearehome somearenot!" hehehe

your daughter is just darling, and i love her bow! i am hoping to get a girl one of these times, hopefully not after 9 boys first!

Kevin, Michelle and Jamin Gilbert said...

Too cute! What a darling little star you have! I was wondering if the 2nd tuesday in November (the 10th) would be ok for the fireside? I will be up at my parents tomorrow and talk to you about it more- this is just a head's up!