Thursday, August 27, 2009

Summer Happenings That Happened

Many fun happenings have happened this summer! We Simons think of ourselves as tourists in our own city and we try to take advantage of everything our community has to offer. Earlier this season, we took a day and went to the Pioneer museum and temple square. Afterwards, we topped off the day with lunch at the Lion House. Here are a few photos of our adventure!

There is a ravishing rose garden just outside the Pioneer Museum.



There's nothing like inhaling a heady, sweet, rich rose, dotted with water droplets, and warmed by the sun.





We luxuriated in the glory of the fountain by the Church Office Building. Cute Summer called it "the ocean"!


Jerald could raise the powerful shoots of frothy water with the mere raising of his commanding arms! :)



It was a mighty HOT day, and Summer and I relished and reveled in the icy water of the flowing fountains.





Well, you can't NOT pose on the platform with the majestic Salt Lake temple behind you. The photo op presents itself every time. Look at Summer, my little rose of a poser!



We saw many lovely brides that day and Summer wanted to meet each one. She was just sure they were princesses. Of course, each bride was happy to be adored by our little Summer. Their photographers saw the Kodak moment and went crazy snapping photos. And so did we! I wonder just how many bridal photo albums there are, now, in which Summer graces the pages!

We've had such a wonderful summer and I'm excited to write more posts with lots of pictures about our happy times.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds like fun! We'll have to visit Temple Square sometime when Natie isn't working so much! We are excited to see you Saturday - it has been forever!

Steph said...

How cute! I love the picture of Summer with the Bride.

Ty and Ber said...

How fun. I love the picture of Summer on the bench. It looks like she is waiting for her prince to come.

Cheryl said...

I would ask you Sweet Simons to put together a pamphlet for my family and I to also enjoy Utah as you do!! (We already love it, so I should say, to enjoy it even more!) LOVE the pictures of Summer and the Bride! So cute. It's like Disneyland without the rides. (: