Sunday, June 7, 2009

Way "Zoo" Much Fun!

Our first trip to the zoo! Or rather, it was Summer's first trip. My last excursion there was a decade ago with some guy on a very bad and awkward date...so it was nice to be with my hot Jerald this time and to see Summer's excited reaction at all the animals, people, and festivities!


Summer's wondrous blue eyes shone with delight while riding the train and the carousel!


I instructed Summer to introduce herself to each animal we met. I informed her that they were very honored she had come to meet them. I said they had been waiting so long for her visit, and they were trying to be extra cute to impress her :)


The Rhinoceros frightened Summer JUST a tad...


...but she loved hobnobbing with the giraffes!


Two jean-clad girls posing on the rocks...or at least I was posing. Something deathly important at stage left had Summer riveted :)


...yes, and these next two shots of me overlooking the zoo's landscape prove irrelevant and have nothing to do with anything whatsoever.


Here are Jerald and Summer scouting out gophers. Would you "go for" a gopher??? I made that one up! Oh, pride fills my heart :)


And a little Summer was hatched!!!


Hogle Zoo has the coolest park! Summer has a thing about slides...

...and apparently, so does Jerald!


Here, Jerald takes us all on a trip back in time to 1991 when his teenage mutant ninja turtle obsession ran rampant.


...and this below just proves how Jerald looks good enough to eat!


Well, I conclude another post with little Summer having beauteously zonked out in her carseat after a day of fun. And when she woke up, you can bet she gave all the facts to her Mickey Mouse about her new animal friends she met while at her jaunt at the zoo :)

11 comments:

AE Simon said...

Super cute post. I just love the way you word everything Zanne you really do need to write a book. Summer is so stinken cute I hope my kids are as angelic as she is.

Jill T said...

What a cute family. The zoo becomes a lot more fun once you have kids, doesn't it? Hope all is well!

Ty and Ber said...

Kiddos love the zoo. I love watching their faces light up with excitement as they see them.

kaLee said...

I agree with Elicia you should totally write children's books!!! you would be so great at it!!!

Wendy said...

I'll bet Summer had a wonderful time! Kristen takes William all the time since they live so close...he LOVES the train (and the animals, of course.)

Elizabeth Reid said...

Her hair still looks perfect after that fun-filled zoo adventure.... How DID you manage that?

Megan said...

What adorable pictures! Your family is so cute! I love that you had Summer introduce herself to the animals :)

Amanda said...

you have the cutest family! and hello gorgeous! i never look that good on a trip to the zoo! your sweet little girl is so adorable!

Cheryl said...

I am so glad you got to re-do your zoo memories! I love how much Jerald enjoyed the zoo too! Your family is beautiful. These pictures are wonderful! I am surprised you don't have the paparazzi following you.

Cindy said...

We love the zoo! It is hard to tell who had more fun - Jerald or Summer! We had fun at your house today!

Camilla said...

i cant belive you have been able to escape the zoo this many years! We make the pigramage about 3 times a year since porter was 3 months old and every time we come home tired and exhausted and vowing that when we go again we wont walk around the WHOLE place and stay for 6 hours. We just went to the zoo in oklahoma on saturday.. and we walked the whole thing and stayed all day long! BUT hey the kiddos slept great that night! :) and i love the ones of you just looking out and being all beautiful. You look like snow white with you porcelin skin and red lips! gorgouse! no wonder your hubby snatched those shots! ;)