Color? Pink
Foods? All foods! But especially Mommy's cookies, chocolate cake, pancakes, pasta salad, quesadillas, cheese, corn, broccoli, chicken, grapes, Italian and Mexican food, and anything mint or cinnamon flavored.
Friends? Mommy, Daddy, Annika, and Sarah.
Movies? "Enchanted", "High School Musical", and "The Wizard of Oz".
Television Show? "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse"
Hobbies? Daily school time, arts and crafts, and story time with Mommy, playing with dolls, going to the park and on outings, singing and dancing, photo shoots, cooking and baking with Mommy, having playdates with friends, being in crowds, charming her loved ones with her massive vocabulary, and performing in pretend road shows, concerts, and fashion shows in the family room.
The night before Summer's birthday, Jerald and I stayed up until past midnight, stringing crepe paper and nearly blowing fuses in our sinuses whilst blowing up balloons in preparation for the morrow! We then crept into Summer's room while she was asleep and placed all 25 balloons on the floor, thinking what a cute surprise it would be for her to wake up to the fanfare of decor. Horrifyingly... Summer, for some reason, awakened at 5:00 in the morning, screaming for me. I ran, bleary-eyed, to her room. She hadn't seen the balloons up until that point, but the light from the hall shone a perfect spotlight on the bubblegum pink one by the side of her bed. Then Jerald came running in the room, causing more light to flood in, giving her full view of the litter of balloons on the floor. She began screaming for us to "GET THEM OUT!" We tried to tell her they were only balloons we'd set out as a surprise for her, but she was so delirious from sleep, that she became more and more frantic! We were forced to kick them all out into the hall. "What a disaster", I moaned to Jerald. It was supposed to be such a sweet surprise. We trudged back to bed, feeling very much like deflated balloons (observe and respect the pun). It hit us later how funny it was, though! The rest of the day went fabulously, with first a pancake breakfast for the Birthday girl at her request. Jerald even made her a perfect Mickey Mouse head pancake! We took her to her favorite children's museum and showered her with presents. We actually had a whole week of celebrating because 24 hours for a birthday, in my mind, is much too short. But my mention of it is just a preview of coming attractions because I'll post pictures next week of our activities. The day after her birthday, we had a huge birthday party for her with Jerald's and my family in attendance. I asked her what she wanted for her birthday cake, and she said without hesitation that she wanted a pink cake, so, I baked a two layer heart shaped chocolate cake with pale pink frosting and chocolate sprinkles (I must give voice to the fact that the very BEST chocolate cake recipe can be found on the back of the Hershey's cocoa powder container. Try it and be moved). Check out the video below of us all singing Happy Birthday to little Summer. I'm so happy she felt loved on her birthday, because she sure IS!

8 comments:
So cute. I'm so happy little Summer had such a fabulous birthday. I'm also so glad he present fit. I was a little bit worried. I was trying to compare the dress to other little girls in the store around us, but none of the little girls were as dainty and delicate as Summer.
What love! Love the flower in your hair Zanny and that Jerald couldn't resist telling you how hot you looked!! So cute! Oh, and I can't forget about the balloons! Aren't we glad for those moments, because then we will never forget.
Very cute, Suzanne! That story is somewhat sad, but so funny. I love how shy she was about getting all that attention! Demure.
Hey Girl! I saw your comment on my blog. So, go to google.com/analytics and you can create an account. Then, you embed a code into your blog. Then, when you log onto google analytics you can see all kinds of info. I'm really trying to figure some of it out. I'm sure any computer genious could help you figure it out too. chelsea
What fun memories. I am impressed with all of the partying that you were able to do! What a sweet little Summer you have! I agree with Jerald- you did look HOT! I love your hair straight!
Very fun celebrations for your darling 3-year-old Summer. What a cute family you have.
So cute!!
It sounds like she is one really loved little princess! Poor thing all scared from the balloons! YOu are such a fun mommy and do so many neat things with her, such a lucky girl to have you! :)
Post a Comment