The month of April held two events of great importance - Easter and my parents' visit home. We documented both events with lots of photos. This post, however, will cover just our Easter celebrations because the total number of pictures would leave you "scrolling" for endless minutes, so I will save the rest of the pictures for the next post.



All of the Easter festivities wore little Summer out! She transformed into Sleeping Beauty on the way home. And just like the princess herself, Summer couldn't look more kissable!
Jerald and I took Summer to the annual Easter cake decorating extravaganza at Bowmans, our local grocery store. Here is a photo of our masterpiece. Sadly, the cake tasted like a bath sponge with a loathesome vegetable shortening-infused frosting that HAD to have been non-biodegradable. But, hey, the fun we had decorating the cake was the most important part!
On Easter Sunday, Summer was a vision in silver-sparkled mint green. Her Grandma Wendy, as an Easter present, purchased this twinkly creation for her, and my sister, Stephanie, custom made her hair bows to match. Thanks, Mom and Steph!




The week after Easter, we celebrated with Jerald's family with a picnic in the park, followed by an Easter egg toss and an Easter egg hunt. We also played volley ball and blew bubbles!

The week after Easter, we celebrated with Jerald's family with a picnic in the park, followed by an Easter egg toss and an Easter egg hunt. We also played volley ball and blew bubbles!
Below is a shot of us getting ready to take turns throwing our Easter eggs. We had a contest to see who could throw their egg the farthest, without it breaking and exploding. It's childish behavior, but we embraced it.
All of the Easter festivities wore little Summer out! She transformed into Sleeping Beauty on the way home. And just like the princess herself, Summer couldn't look more kissable!

4 comments:
you crack me up! "tasted like a bath sponge" i am laughing so hard! summer is adorable! it looks like you guys had so much fun!!!
I love your descriptive language! That must have been one awful tasting cake. Summer looks adorable in every picture :)
I am so glad you have a girly-girl, twirling in her sparkling dress. She is so cute! And yes, please, I have so much to say about vegetable shortening frosting! But I am gagging now and cannot think any more about it!
Summer is so adorable. It looks like you guys have a lot of fun together. I love your always being so positive about everything, even things you don't like. Are you ever not happy?
Post a Comment