Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Enriching" Recipes

Last night, for our ward's Relief Society Enrichment, we had our monthly recipe exchange. We had some great ladies over at our house and each brought copies of a recipe they loved and we all did a switch-er-oo. At each exchange night, we have a different theme, and last night's was "Italian fare". I'm posting the recipes I shared last night with YOU! The first is a truly torturingly tasty set of instructions for very fine alfredo. I learned it from my dear friend, Becky. Thanks Becky!

Better Than “The Olive Garden” Alfredo Sauce

8 oz. cream cheese
1 stick of butter
1 ½ cups milk
1 cup Parmesan cheese
½ tsp garlic powder

*In a sauce pan, melt the cream cheese, butter, and milk. Add the parmesan cheese and garlic powder and stir until combined and smooth. Toss with pasta and serve with an extra sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a garnish of parsley. Serve, and weep with joy.

This next recipe is one my family and I grew up on. My mother was given the recipe thirty years ago and made some changes to improve on it. Eating it now, reminds me of my mother and how much I love her. Now, I must say, out of pride, that I added my own little addition to the stew. Corn! That vegetable/grain adds so much love to most recipes, and this one is no exception. This stew is delicious and easy to prepare! It will send you all into convulsions of happiness.

Hamburger Stew

Brown and drain:
½ lb. ground beef
1 medium onion chopped
Then add:
2 cans Campbell’s minestrone soup
2 – 16 oz. cans of pork & beans
1 – 8 oz can tomato sauce
2/3 cup corn
3 cups water
1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp garlic salt
1 beef bouillon cube or 1 tsp beef bouillon granules
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil

*Let this simmer for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving. I also like to add cheddar cheese cubes.

Well, I guess you all have your menus for the rest of the week now. Try these entrees if you want to, and let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Ty and Ber said...

I Love.love.love alfredo sauce. I will definitely have to try this one out.

Ty and Ber said...

I made the alfredo sauce for dinner tonight. Super tasty!

Cindy said...

I make the Hamburger Stew a lot. It is so good and easy too!

I'll have to try the Alfredo sauce.

Wendy said...

Thanks so much for the yummy cookies and the video tapes! I really appreciated it...you are so sweet!