Friday, March 20, 2009

Six Years Down...Eternity to Go!

(One of our engagement pictures)

The night before Jerald's and my wedding day, I could NOT sleep. No. It was finally 4:30 in the wee small hours of the morning before I entered Dreamland City. The excitement and enormity of it all insisted I stare at the ceiling in wonder. After my two hours of "beauty sleep", I arose feeling amazingly rested. Oh, what a lovely and perfect wedding day it was! Cinderella would have been proud. We were married at 9:40 am in the Bountiful temple on a surprisingly warm March 13th in 2003. The sealing was so spiritual and beautiful - truly the highlight of our lives. Our photographer and family/paparazzi took pictures outside the temple after the ceremony. We then we hurried to our wedding luncheon, and later spent four hours grinning while we stood in our receiving line to thank our guests for coming to our red rose-filled reception - and no our facial muscles didn't hurt from smiling all day because, hey, we're always smiling anyway!



Happy anniversary, darling! You're still the hottest.

13 comments:

Jerald M. Simon said...

Zanny,

You're beautiful. I love everything about you. Your blog is great. You look as wonderful as ever in those pictures. I love you, Zanny.

Jerald

Cindy said...

Isn't it amazing how time is. In some ways it seems unbelievable we have been married for 8 1/2 years, but yet...it seems we have always known each other! Happy six years plus a week anniversary!

Cheryl said...

You haven't changed a bit in the 6 years. Still beautiful as ever. Thanks for sharing... Where was I that day? I should have been there!

Ty and Ber said...

Happy Anniversary! Time flies huh, but when you think of how much time you get to spend together 6 years seems like just a sliver.

Elizabeth Reid said...

I got tingles reading about your wedding day. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures with us.

Finny said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! Congratulations on 6 happy years.

Becky said...

How sweet. Beautiful pictures. Happy Anniversary!

p.s. Jerald, your haircut in your wedding pictures is just awesome!

Zanny said...

Becky - no one has since been able to cut his hair like YOU! Jerald and I have proclaimed that fact with vigor. You have raw talent, woman!

Thanks for your sweet words, everyone. I LOVE being married to Jerald!

Jules Holbrook said...

I add my congratulations! Ryan and I always say "eternity to go" too. It's an awesome thought that there's no ending, only growing together! I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating! My favorite picture is the one with the reflection of you. :)

Amanda said...

congratulations! that is so exciting! and you look so gorgeous! there is nothing i love more than weddings!

Dan and Jen said...

What a beautiful couple! I love weddings and anything to do with weddings. Your pictures are great. I love that "eternity to go" phrase. I may start using it.

Jill T said...

Congratulations on 6 years--what a cute couple. Hope all is well!

Monica said...

What a beautiful couple! You guys are lucky to have each other since you always seem to just glow with love in all your pictures...