Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happiness Headquarters

This is called "The Happy Six Tag". Here are six things that happened today that made me unabashedly happy.

1. For a mere ten minutes this morning, the sun shone through our front door's window, casting a colossal sunbeam across the family room, as well as a dozen tiny rainbows on the floor and walls. That was a moment of speechless proportions.

2. At lunch, Jerald and Summer and I downed a plate of sumptuous cheese fries and dipping sauce from the Training Table restaurant. Pure, golden, culinary delights.

3. After lunch, we perused our favorite antique shop, and as usual, I felt swept away with the history surrounding me - vintage jewelry, 200-year-old furniture, and interesting knick-knacks, but my most esteemed item ... a still-in-its-box Peaches and Cream barbie from 1984! Its price was $90, so the miser in me wouldn't let me splurge. My mother had purchased one for me when I was little and it was ALWAYS my favorite barbie, and now one is being sold at an antique store? Am I old? No, please, no.

4. For dinner, we dined like British royalty with a traditional English meal - roast beef, mashed potatoes, yorkshire pudding, and peas with almonds. There's nothing faster or easier to prepare than a crock pot roast, is there? Five minutes prep time of seasoning and browning, and we let the slow cooker do the rest! Oooh, I should post my simple recipe sometime soon! Boy, I think about food a lot, huh?

5. I sit here, relaxed with my laptop on my laptop multi-tasking. I'm blogging and taking care of my American Idol needs. At this moment, we're waiting to see who is going to be eliminated from the show. Oh, the antsy anticipation. I'm just glad I don't have to be on that stage awaiting my fate, but rather, writing to you about happy things.

6. I periodically looked over at Jerald feeling thrilled that on Friday we will have been married for six years. Hot man...


I tag anyone who wants to find themself happier by finding the happier moments in THEIR day!

11 comments:

Jules Holbrook said...

That was only five. I want one more!

Cheryl said...

I love it. Cheese fries makes me hungry! And I really think this need to be a plaque above your front door, "Happiness Headquarters!"

Zanny said...

Hahaha! Julie, you're RIGHT! I forgot number six! I'll add it.

Wendy said...

Happy anniversary tomorrow, you two lovebirds! Corey and I will have our 29th anniversary on Sunday! Thanks again for the cookies...they were fabulous and, if I had a blog, they would be one of the 6 things that made me happy today!

Dan and Jen said...

Peaches and Cream Barbie was one of my favorites too! We were perusing the toy isle the other day and saw a 2008 Holiday Barbie. I told Dan that I never got a Holiday Barbie. But I remember Cate Mitchell (do you remember her) got one every year and never took them out of the boxes. I bet they're worth a nice amount now. That was a bit of a Barbie tangent.

Dan and Jen said...

Happy Friday the 13th Anniversary!! Dan's cousin is getting married today. Great day for getting married, right?

Wayne & Jill said...

Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, HAAAAAppy Anniversary! (So I married an axe murderer!)

Monica said...

I love reading your blog! You make me happy! I love the way you describe things. Haha, Peaches and Cream Barbie...I had one! That is so funny! Well, have a fabulous anniversary!

Leah said...

mmmmmmm...yorshire pudding dipped in roast gravy.....I don't think I remember what I read past that part, I just kept thinking about how good that sounds.

Blake and Sheralle said...

I love your quotes, but most of all your outlook on everything. Glad you have had 6 great years together.

Shelece & Josh said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm sure you had a fabulous day because you are fabulous! We love you guys!