Tuesday, September 9, 2008

28 reasons I love Jerald Simon! Happy Birthday, Cute Boy!

I'm stealing this blog entry idea from my darlings, Kim, Jen, and Elizabeth, who showered their men with flirty birthday compliments. I've been anxiously awaiting Jerald's birthday on September 4th to write this for him. Well, Jerald babe, since you are turning 28, here are the 28 reasons I love you - plus one to grow on.

1. Jerald often gives me what I call "the look of love". He'll cock his head to the side and gaze at me with a hazy, dreamy eyed, slow smile that is so "Dr. McDreamy". All of you fans of the show, Grey's Anatomy know exactly what I'm talking about. Jerald can beat out Patrick Dempsey any day! That look alone makes me melt into a pool of melted chocolate on the floor!

2. Jerald has more gospel knowledge than anyone I know! I can ask him any gospel question, even those of the deep doctrine sort, and he'll give me a perfect seminary teacher response.

3. He honors his priesthood. He is so ready and willing to give me or anyone a priesthood blessing.

4. Jerald is the sweetest daddy to Summer. He adores her and she adores him right back.

5. He has no fear! He's not afraid of anything - be it rock climbing, skate-boarding off his roof when he was a child, watching my C-Section be performed, or exploring a daring career in music. He just knows he can do anything.

6. Jerald is optimism personified. He doesn't let anything or anyone get him down. He plunges through life with positivity and happiness.

7. Speaking of happiness - when anyone asks Jerald how he is doing, his response is always, "I'm happy". He always says, "happiness is a choice" and he chooses to be so. It's a joy to be married to someone so laid back, content, void of temper, and cheerful.

8. Jerald gives the most astonishingly incredible lessons and talks. He doesn't even need time to prepare! He can have his audience laughing one minute, and crying the next.

9. He is so hot! He's got this shiny dark hair, startlingly blue eyes, dimples, a big smile, and a great build. And he's mine!

10. Jerald loves learning and reading. He memorizes poetry, quotes, and sayings, and immerses himself in poetry, self-help, music, and religious books.

11. He's a great listener. He never tries to interrupt or cut a person off. He's genuinely interested in what others have to say.

12. Jerald is so outgoing and loves talking to people, including strangers. He'll greet store employees by name and ask them all about themselves, and converse with people everywhere he goes.

13. He is so theatrical and funny! Get him on stage and he'll have you riveted. He can play any character and get his audience rolling in their seats with laughter. One time, for our ward Young Women's dating panel, he played a crude character named Snake. He wore ripped jeans, a wife beater shirt, tattoos, gold jewelry, and a bandanna on his head. He ad libbed the whole thing and the ward is still talking and laughing about it!

14. Jerald can compose the most beautiful music you've ever heard - and do it all in minutes. He loves to play the piano for people and can play anything you want him to. He is blessed to be able to read music and play by ear. He feels every song or hymn needs embellishment and is bored playing exactly what's written. What he conjures up is always much better. Sometimes when I watch him performing, he seems larger than life to me and I can't believe I'm the one who gets to kiss him.

15. While on the subject of music, Jerald can take a song and change it to any style you want - jazz, blues, swing, western, etc. Just wait until you hear him play Moonlight Sonata jazz style!

16. He works so hard, so I can stay home with Summer. That means so much to me.

17. Jerald is so sensitive to others' needs. He knows just what to say to console, motivate, and build people up. He's truly kind to others, yet he won't let people walk over him either.

18. Jerald is not a bit shy. He can walk into a room full of people and own it! He goes right up to people, looks them in the eye, shakes their hands, and asks them all about themselves. I love watching him. People have always admired him so. What a presence he has!

19. He is such a hot dancer. He took me dancing to the Murray Arts Center on our first date and I fell in love that night. Is there anything sexier than a man who can dance? I think not!

20. Jerald is never offended. He always says, "Offense is never given, only taken".

21. He is the best kisser! Oh!

22. Jerald is ambitious and determined. He's always coming up with new business ideas, songs to compose, books to write, and more. He makes them happen because he makes the most of every day and never wastes time on unimportant details. He's also decisive; he makes decisions quickly and never looks back.

23. He has never missed a day telling me he thinks I'm beautiful and that he loves me. I always feel so loved by him.

24. Jerald has a gift in knowing exactly how each person needs to be treated and he makes everybody feel comfortable and at ease.

25. He never lets people say they can't do something. He says the word "can't" is a four-letter word and should never be used.

26. Jerald and I never run out of things to talk about. We have great conversations and he's just so fun to be with! Plus we always think the same things are funny.

27. He's so patient! Whether it be fixing a broken object, dealing with annoying people, or building his career. Patience is definitely his virtue.

28. He puts the Lord first. He has tremendous faith and he is unshakable in his testimony of the Savior. He is on his knees constantly.

29. And one to grow on - it was said of my Grandpa "By" that everyone who had the honor of meeting him felt privileged and never forgot they met him. The same may be said of you, Sweetheart. Those around you are better for having known you. You are liked and admired by all, and loved and cherished by me. I'm filled with gratitude that Summer and I have you for eternity and I'm already looking forward to when you turn a blessed one hundred, so I can make an even longer list of what's in my heart. I love you. Happy Birthday!

8 comments:

Jerald M. Simon said...

Zanny, You are the love of my life. Without you I would be nothing because you are everything. Thank you for being such an amazing woman. You are so sweet and delightful. I adore everything about you because everything about is adorable. - Jerald

Wendy said...

You guys crack me up--you're SO in love!!!! Happy Birthday, Jerald!

j and k said...

That is so sweet! I love how you guys care for each other! SO wonderfuL!

restlessrisa said...

So sweet... Happy B-day Jerald!

Dan and Jen said...

Suzanne-that was a very sweet tribute. I loved reading it and getting to know a little more about the man you married. And it sounds like he is definitely the man you deserve. Happy birthday to your Jerald!

Cindy said...

Aren'y we glad we married such wonderful men!

Emily-Hazel said...

You are so kind to Jerald. He is so lucky to have you!

Jill T said...

Suzanne, you are so cute to write this up for Jerald. You two are absolutely perfect for each other and alike in so many ways. I hope all is well!