Ah, Rodeo Drive! The most elegant and sophisticated stretch of road with the glitziest and ritziest shops in the nation!
Okay, so first we stopped at Tiffany's for a diamond bracelet I'd been eyeing. Then, we stopped at Dolce & Gabbana to purchase a few key pieces from their spring collection, but not before we swung into Jimmy Choo to buy some fabulous sandals made with 24 carat gold, whilst waving nonchalantly at the hovering paparazzi. Yes? Nooooo, but we can dream, right? It was actually a bit intimidating to enter those stores with the security guards standing at the entrances, and viewing beautiful clothes, shoes, and jewelry at astronomical prices. Get this...a designer fur-lined black mini cape in Vallentino's was a whopping $7,700! Holy stars! We laughed, though, because we saw a shockingly expensive glittery silver purse nearly identical to a purse I have...but mine is the $10 Wal-mart version!



Summer's sparkly silver shoes from Target made quite a splash on Rodeo Drive. She had countless sales people in the posh stores complimenting their sheer fabulousness. An employee in Tiffany's actually asked if they came in her size! They were all so sweet to her. :)

Summer's sparkly silver shoes from Target made quite a splash on Rodeo Drive. She had countless sales people in the posh stores complimenting their sheer fabulousness. An employee in Tiffany's actually asked if they came in her size! They were all so sweet to her. :)
Later that day, we went to Hollywood! We strolled the Hollywood Walk of Fame and visited the Kodak Theatre, where, in less than an hour, American Idol would be filmed!



One evening, we went to Monte Alban, an Oaxacan style Mexican restaurant - so authentic and delicious!
Here's a picture of the stunning Los Angeles Temple! Jerald and I took the opportunity to perform some temple work and loved it! We later took Summer on a walk on the grounds and took some photos.
The temple is surrounded by luscious flowers!
Of all the things to see in Los Angeles, the place bringing the most peace and happiness is the temple. The bright lights of Hollywood simply cannot compare with the beauty and the spirit of the Lord inside those walls. We felt so thankful to be a forever family.

4 comments:
Such glamorous fun!
Ty and I definitely have the travel bug gene also.
When Ty and I went to Switzerland we had fun window shopping and had a contest of who could find the most expensive watch. I would have won had the watch belonging to the price tag of $170000 not been sold. Tyler found one for $167,000 that was still there though. Seriously??
Looks like you guys had an absolute fab time.
My parents were married in the LA Temple. I've walked around the outside, but have never been inside, so I'm very jealous. And I am jealous you got to visit the stores on Rodeo Drive! What a fun trip! You can't be surprised that the salespeople were so cute to Summer. She's the cutest thing -- who could be mean to her?!!
That looks so fuN! You are making me CRAVE a vacation!!!
Post a Comment