January, February, and March were all big months! In January, I turned 30. Such an event could easily be misconstrued as a minor cataclysm and very nearly requires a moment of silence to ponder, but I'm convinced age is merely a number. A unit of the mathematical system! I loved my twenties very much and now I'm excited to see what the next decade will bring! 
The weekend of my birthday, my parents and Jerald and I dined at Maddox restaurant! I had eaten there a few times over the last few years and always considered the food to be quite bleak. Through further analysis, however, I have now realized that it was just because I detest chicken fried steak, which is what I always ordered. This time I ordered some lovely chicken, mashed potatoes, and vegetables that filled me with bliss and good humor. I can now join the ranks of all of the others in mortality who have abiding testimonies of Maddox Restaurant.
The weekend of my birthday, my parents and Jerald and I dined at Maddox restaurant! I had eaten there a few times over the last few years and always considered the food to be quite bleak. Through further analysis, however, I have now realized that it was just because I detest chicken fried steak, which is what I always ordered. This time I ordered some lovely chicken, mashed potatoes, and vegetables that filled me with bliss and good humor. I can now join the ranks of all of the others in mortality who have abiding testimonies of Maddox Restaurant.
On my birthday, Jerald and Summer and I went ice skating! None of us fell once, which gave us a sure feeling of pride. Have you ever noticed, though, that every time you go to a skating rink there is always a skilled skater who thinks he/she owns the rink, performing tricks, spins, and quadruple axles just to show off? Yeah, we had one of those. I purposely AVOIDED watching him leap with his long hair flying behind him, simply because I knew he wanted us to watch. So there!
Summer was thrilled to put on her first pair of skates. She was so adorable on the ice! She couldn't skate on her own, so we pulled her along. Cute little girl!
Summer also went sledding for the first time this winter! Oh, we had such fun and she wasn't a bit scared to fly down the hill. Sledding sure is one of winter's main perks, isn't it?!
Enchanting Enchantress!
On March 13, Jerald and I celebrated our seven year anniversary. Seven of Heaven! Truly. It feels so nice to love Jerald the way I do. Happiness reigns supreme when we're together and I feel so blessed by the Lord to have him forever. To observe our own holiday, we went on a fabulous over-night date! We started by attending the Bountiful Temple (where we were married), and then checked into the Marriot Hotel in downtown Salt Lake City. Wow! That was about the fanciest hotel in which we've ever stayed because of Jerald's friend who works for the hotel and got us a discount. We dined at the Olive Garden before heading back to swim in the hotel pool. The next morning, we ate a monstrous breakfast at Village Inn before driving up to Park City, where we spent the day strolling Historic Main Street and visiting the Olympic Park.
Below are two shots of Jerald and me, respectively, flying down the mountains of Park City in our downhill Alpine ski race at 84 miles per hour! Admire our fine form, won't you? Haha! Actually, this is one of those cardboard cutouts at the Olympic Park Museum. I've actually never been skiing before, but that will change, mind you.
Jerald and I always have so much fun together and never run out of things to talk about. Flirting is always involved. Happy seven years, Jerald!
So that's a summary of the first quarter of our year, and a good quarter at that!

8 comments:
Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary. Sounds like you had some fine festivities as you celebrated those momentous event.
Ice skating is so much fun but seriously my ankles just don't like those skates. I'm glad that you guys did fun. Next time tell Jerald to hold off on doing those triple toe loops. :)
Happy Birthday Suzanne! Sounds like you've had a great year so far.
Sounds like a great quarter! As you know, Josh and I also celebrated our 7th, a few days after you. We also went to the Marriott for an over-night date. It was such a fancy hotel, I LOVED it. Glad you got to celebrate!
LOVE the skiing pictures! A birthday and an anniversary---sounds like a very eventful quarter!
I love your face in the skiing picture! Nate and I have never been ice skating together - a goal for next winter I guess!
In your birthday pic. you look so much like your mom!! you are absolutly gorgeous!
Happy late birthday! You look so very young with that perfect skin of yours! Glad that you had such a good birthday and anniversary; you two are cute together.
what a fun post!! happy belated birthday and anniversary. i've never heard of maddox restaurant but loved that you said "abiding testimonies" of the place. hilarious.
and i do the same thing when someone is showing off at the ice rink. i act like it's not big whoop because i know they WANT to be looked at. haha.
Post a Comment