Thursday, March 18, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday was one of those days. A really candied and sugary day, which prompted me to write another Happy Six List. So here were just a few of the nougat-filled, chocolate coated moments to remember.

1.) I woke up feeling icky and sicky. Now, one may wonder why that would make my Happy Six List, and the reason is I could take fifteen minutes, while Summer watched Playhouse Disney, and recline on my green velvet chaise lounge in my boudoir and read and rest until revived and repaired.
2.) Mother Nature could have taken home a cinematography award for producing such a day of warmth and sparkling sunshine. Summer and I walked hand in hand to the little park by our house, whilst lifting our faces to the sky. I watched her course down the slide with the supreme knowledge that there is no sound in the world as lovely and as beauteous as Summer's musical laugh.
3.) Jerald finished and released his ninth book, "Cool Songs for Cool Kids" and I'll never forget the look of excitement on his face as he ran in and showed me the awesome book covers. How happy I am that my husband is doing what he loves to do. And that others love it too.
4.) I opened the cupboard and what did I find, but a box of yellow cake mix! So unexpected! And its very sight provided warmth to our hearts because that meant we could bake cupcakes for Saint Patrick's Day! Therefore, Summer and I spent the afternoon baking not only our weekly bread, but some very creatively frosted and sprinkled holiday cupcakes for the enjoyment of all. As a sidenote, if you substitute milk for the water called for in cake mixes, the end result will be richer and fluffier!
5.) Dinner was prepared in just thirty minutes with one of our favorite baked chicken recipes. Combine 1/2 cup of hickory barbeque sauce (trust me, hickory style is best for this), 1/2 cup Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing, and 1 tablespoon of honey mustard. Pour the mixture over chicken tenderloins, and bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Tangy and delicious!
6.) While we did the dishes after dinner, Jerald, with a grin on his face, watched in delight as Summer and I performed disco moves to the masterful works of Bach playing on the CD player. Rock with Bach! We made it work.
~ Hey, every day of all of our lives contain moments like this! Let's take the time to see and notice them, make more happen, remember them, and plan for more.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Your blogs always leave me smiling! Thank you!

cheryl said...

So sweet! I needed this, a fresh perspective!

Ty and Ber said...

Love park days. I am glad that you guys had such a great day.

Twitchell Family said...

Hi-so if you would like to join us for play group tomorrow I just found out it will be at Natatlie Anderson's...hope you can make it!

Blake and Sheralle said...

You are the most positive person I have ever met. You always see the bright side of life.

aubreyannie said...

haha! i love it all. and am sorry you were feeling sick on the morning of st. paddy's day. it sounds like it turned out to be a lovely day. thank you for sharing it with blogland!