The Sunday before Christmas, my parents and Jerald and I attended a broadcast of "Music and the Spoken Word" with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in Salt Lake City. Below is a picture of the conference center and the choir. What a glorious experience! The music was heaven sent.
It was cold and foggy that day! Gorgeous shot of the Salt Lake temple across the street, though, right? Right.
And just look at these iced roses! Uncle Nate and Aunt Cindy tended Summer while we went to the broadcast. This rose bush is in their front yard and we couldn't resist capturing its frosty blossoms and leaves.
And now, you may all begin preparations to die a death of shocking shock when I inform you that our little Summer actually snapped this photo of birds in flight in Nate and Cindy's back yard! Can you believe it? Three years old! I know! Seriously! Totally.
When we arrived home after the broadcast, we presented Summer with her brand new Christmas dress that she could wear to church that day. Every little princess needs a holiday gown, correct? She couldn't wait to try it on! Especially with new "Dorothy" shoes to match. She also received custom made bows made by her Aunt Steph, and a snowy white faux fur coat to complete the ensemble.
She looked hot! 

After church, we zipped over to Jerald's parents' house for their family dinner/Christmas party. Summer proudly showed everyone her new dress!
After church, we zipped over to Jerald's parents' house for their family dinner/Christmas party. Summer proudly showed everyone her new dress!
Each grandchild received some Christmas jammies from grandma and grandpa.
And of course, Santa Claus paid a visit after dinner and pulled presents out of his enormous bag for each and everyone. Summer did not like him. No. He was a nice Santa, naturally, but a bit too Holly Jolly for Summer's liking. She just wanted him to hush and shush. No lap-sitting for THIS red and white creature! But when he called her name, she graciously put her feelings of distaste aside to receive her present.
Ah, but when we visited a Santa Claus at Layton Hills Mall a day or two later, Summer decided she liked him MUCH better. He was gentle, quiet, and sweet with her. She couldn't wait for him to come on Christmas Eve!
...And he most definitely paid a visit to Summer's house on Christmas Eve. We'll include pictures and documentation of it in our next post. It was a wonderful Christmas!

4 comments:
Isn't it funny how kids can be so put off by some Santas?
Love the shot of the temple in the fog. That is awesome.
Hi Suzanne! I found you! Your family is absolutely darling, and I love your writing style :) I am so totally jealous of Summer's Christmas dress and shoes. I want them!
It looks like you guys had a great Christmas! Summer is a doll!
I LOVE that picture of the temple! It is amazing!
Summer looked adorable! Why can't every week be as magical as Christmas week!
Post a Comment