What made the whole month of November glow with happiness was the return of my parents from their church assignment in Palmyra, New York. Summer is crazy about them both, and as this picture shows, they're pretty nuts about her too.
Also, this month Jerald performed a fabulous concert for the Yamaha/Clavinova Festival. I felt so proud of him! He was so gracious with everyone who lined up to receive his autograph after the concert. He just about made this young girl's life when he signed a copy of one of his books for her.
As a sidenote, check out Summer's hot balloon poses!
Jerald's parents splurged on all of their kids and grandkids and bought tickets to the Disney Princesses on Ice show. It was so beautiful! The only sad part was that Jerald couldn't come because he was asked to judge a piano competition that day. We filled him in on all of the details, though!

Here skate Cinderella and her prince. Don't fall!
Here is Cinderella in her carriage on her way to the ball! Unfortunately, the roads were a bit "icy" that night. Haha!
Summer adores Mickey and Minnie! When she saw them skating across the ice, she exclaimed, "I need Mickey right now!" Then she proceeded to move with surprising speed across the isle, and if we hadn't stopped her, she would have climbed over that rail and onto the ice so she could hug him!
Summer and her favorite cousin, Annika, have enjoyed many play dates this month. Their favorite thing to do is to dress up as the charming princesses they already are, and perform enchanting and entrancing dances together!
The Thanksgiving holiday made us give MANY thanks this time around because it was the first Thanksgiving we'd all had with my parents in three years! Here are some family shots. Try to ignore Summer's menacing glare in the shot just below :)
My mother and I spent several days cooking and baking for our Thanksgiving Extravaganza. Here's a shot of the chocolate silk pie I made! Any dessert is 177 times better with candy bars on top...

7 comments:
November WAS a pretty wonderful month, wasn't it? You certainly had lots of fun things going on! That pie looks delectable.
Oh I feel so left out. I really have to get over this Zanny and remember I'm not actually a member of your family, just a wanna-be. Love you all. And that pie is glorious! Please lets do lunch soon, I can't wait to see your mom! Give her my love.
I am sure it is wonderful to have your parents back! It looks like you had a fun Thanksgiving and that pie looks sooo delicious, but too pretty to eat!
That pie looks divine! Save a piece for me ;) or maybe just send the recipe?
I love the picture of Annika and Summer! What pretty princesses they are.
And what a pie!!!!!
summer is so adorable! i would have loved the disney princess on ice! it looks like you had so much fun!!
Oh, that pie looks to die for! Mmmmm...nice work! Cute pictures!
Post a Comment