Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Chocolate Silk Pie!


This chocolate silk pie is the most satiny, silky, plush, velvety pie you'll ever have the pleasure of devouring! Actually, didn't that sound like I was describing fabric? Anyway, I made this confectionery ambrosia for our Thanksgiving Extravaganza last month and I have since received some requests for the recipe, so here it is! My only addition to the original recipe was to add the garnish of chopped candy bars for dramatic effect. Any pie or cake without a garish type of garnish makes me want to weep out of boredom and despair. So, try making this chocolate silk pie during the holiday season. I guarantee that loved ones will be so spiritually touched and moved by your culinary creation, that you'll receive more Christmas gifts than usual! Plus, it just tastes monumentally delicious...



Chocolate Silk Pie


1 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
3 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate - melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs
1 baked 9" pie shell
Sweetened whipped cream and candy bars!


~Beat sugar with butter for exactly 15 minutes with electric beaters or a mixer, scraping sides of bowl often. You must beat the mixture for that long so as to ensure a smooth pie. No one wants a gritty filling. That's just wrong. Know, however, that after 15 minutes, it will still feel a bit gritty (Rest assured, it will smooth out with the addition of the rest of the ingredients and refrigeration). Then add the melted chocolate and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Spread into a baked 9" pie shell and chill for at least two hours or over night. As it chills, it will continue to dissolve the sugar and "silken" up. Before serving, garnish with sweetened whipped cream. I like to form dollops around the edge and place a bite-sized candy bar in each one. Chop up your favorite candy bars, such as Heath, Snickers, etc., and litter it all over the top. Admire your work, present it to others and demand that THEY admire your work, then immediately devour with fierceness and fervor.

6 comments:

Elizabeth Reid said...

YUMMY! I am going to try it. I love anything chocolate. But chocolate AND pie crust must be purely delightful.

Ty and Ber said...

DEVINE!!! I am definitely going to be making this.

Wendy said...

It does sound delicious! I was wondering how you feel about eating raw eggs...Corey has a real "thing" against them. Thanks for the fun time last night at book club!

Dan and Jen said...

Yes, I believe I shall add this to my culinary collection. Thanks Suzanne!

Kevin, Michelle and Jamin Gilbert said...

Yummy! I was also wondering about the raw eggs. With my "vegan" diet I have substituted eggs with banannas- what do you think that would taste like?
I am glad that we got your Christmas card to you, but I am sad that I missed seeing you. I am also sorry about leaving Steph's card on your porch- I hope that was ok!

aubreyannie said...

oh yum. my belly is grumbling for some of that RIGHT now!