Last month, we were jubilant to have a visit from my parents! They have been living in Palmyra, New York, where they serve in the Palmyra temple presidency. Twice a year, the temple closes for two weeks for cleaning, so my parents always take those prime opportunities to come home to Utah to see their family and loved ones. Since Jerald and I have been house sitting for them, they got to stay with us! Or did we stay with them? Anyway, oodles of fun was had by all!
We had a Mexican fiesta for a family dinner (look at my brother, Aaron, in the yellow shirt! He makes me giggle because he always pulls faces in pictures)!
We had a Mexican fiesta for a family dinner (look at my brother, Aaron, in the yellow shirt! He makes me giggle because he always pulls faces in pictures)!
We ate like Italian folk on our double date to delicious Robintinos!
My mother and I deeply enjoyed our "Friday Lunch" at Applebees. Our tradition holds that we go out to lunch every Friday since I was in the fifth grade. Well, incidentally, living on opposite ends of the country for three years does affect that tradition somewhat, but we dine together in our hearts! And it was fun to go out for real this time. Excuse the blinding light from the window behind us - lets just decide it makes us look ethereal. No...supernatural!!
My dad was charmed by little Summer...
...and my mother had lots of sweet times with her :)
Notice Summer striking her beauteous pose...

...and then leaning in for a warm hug.
...and then leaning in for a warm hug.
We love you Mom and Dad! We miss you and remember with happiness the merriment we had during your visit. The evening in Park City, all the hysterical laughing, the movies, the dinners out, the dinners in, your comfort and words of encouragement, and the late night talks the four of us shared while sitting on your bed. We can't wait for you to come home for good in November. Here's to then!

5 comments:
How sweet! That is great that they got to come home and spend time with you guys. I bet you miss them tons. I may have to steal the idea and take my girls to lunch on fridays..that sounds fabulous!
Lots of fun for sure!! We are always jealous you get to spend so much time with them when they come home! A definite advantage of sharing the same house.
How nice to be able to spend some time with them. Sounds like you guys had tons of fun and ate some devine food.
Wow this November! That will be awesome! We will have to do lunch again when she's home!
I miss Wendy Wanda! I can't wait for them to come home too! And Friday lunches what a great idea! I should start that with my own girlys.
Post a Comment