"The mind is its own place - and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven." -anonymous
"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses."
Movie Quote
"Why are you trying so hard to fit in, when you were born to stand out?" -"What a Girl Wants" (2003)
Movie Quote
"We've got to live, live live! Life's a "banquet" and most poor suckers are STARVING to death!" - "Auntie Mame" (1958)
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid altogether."
"Happiness is an inside job." - T. Bowring Woodbury (Grandpa By)
We, the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing!
Movie Quote
"Tomorrow is always fresh - with no mistakes in it." - "Anne of Green Gables" (1985)
"It's the "As If" principle. Act AS IF you are confident, happy, etc., and the feelings will inevitably follow." - T. Bowring Woodbury (Grandpa By)
"If you treat a man as he is, he will remain as he is. But if you treat a man as what he could and should become, he will be that and so much more." - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
"Be nice to mean people. Watch as they become confused!"
The definition of "debt" is buying crap you don't need, with money you don't have, to impress people you don't like. - Dave Ramsey
Movie Quote
James McKay:"There are some things a man has to prove to himself alone... not to anyone else." Patricia Terrill:"Not even to the woman he loves?" James McKay:"Least of all her... if she loves him." - "The Big Country" (1958)
I know you think you believe you understand what you thought I said, but I believe I'm not sure you realize what you think you heard is not what I meant.
Movie Quote
Rhett Butler to Scarlett O Hara: "No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how." "Gone With the Wind" (1939)
"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
If you want to make an easy job seem hard, just put it off.
"I'll find you In the morning sun And when the night is new, I'll be looking at the moon, But I'll be seeing you." - lyrics to "I'll be seeing you"
Movie Quote
Patricia Terrill: [discussing McKay's "cowardice"] "Don't you care what people think?" Jim McKay: "I'm not responsible for what people think, only for what I am." -"The Big Country" (1958)
"...And I get to kiss you, baby, just because I can." - Lyrics to "Everything" by Michael Buble
"Never worry about things over which you have no control." - T. Bowring Woodbury (Grandpa By)
Movie Quote
"Why do you always complicate things that are really quite simple?" - "Mary Poppins" (1964)
Never say you can't do something. "Can't" is a four-letter-word. - Jerald M. Simon
Movie Quote
"When the Lord closes a door, some way He opens a window." - "The Sound of Music" (1964)
"God does not begin by asking our ability, only our availability, and if we prove our dependability, He will increase our capability.” - Neil A. Maxwell
"I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars." - Og Mandino
"You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind." - Dale Carnegie
"Most of the things you worry about never even happen." - Grandpa By
Movie Quote
"I like people who make me like them. It saves me so much trouble forcing myself to like them." -"Anne of Green Gables" (1985)
Movie Quote
"I love daisies. Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?" -"You've Got Mail" (1998)
Movie Quote
Dudley to Julia: "There are few people who know the secret to making a heaven on earth. YOU are one of those rare people." - "The Bishop's Wife" (1947)
"God gave us memories so that we might have June roses in the December of our lives."
"People like to be around happy people." -T. Bowring Woodbury (Grandpa By)
Book Quote
"We do what we HAVE to do so we can do what we WANT to do." -"The Great Debaters" 2008
Movie Quote
George Bailey: "What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary." Mary: "I'll take it. Then what?" George Bailey: "Well, then you can swallow it, and it'll all dissolve, see... and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair... am I talking too much?" - "It's a Wonderful Life" (1946)
Movie Quote
"The only people who grow old were born old to begin with." - "The Bishop's Wife" (1947)
5 comments:
Hey, that's our family motto!!
I love it and love him and love YOU!
I need to remind my husband of this quote...we were just asked to speak in church on Sunday! Haha!
So true...but sometimes a good whine just gets the frustration out of you and then you can move on. You are so NOT a whiner!
I love that quote! I'm stealing it and putting it on my blog!
Post a Comment